tounament?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishangler, Aug 12, 2008.

1. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    hey was trying to see if anyone wanted to have a catfish tounament around dutch gap area if anyone is interested just let me know.

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    sounds like fun. I am still strickly a beginner but it would be nice to see what others do and participate and maybe meet and put some faces to the posts.

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    There are tournaments all the time on the James serious heavy hitters, catch and release those trophy fish. What are you going to do with those monsters?
    Get a live well and release them.:angry:

4. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    well it is all just for fun and yes they will be let go while they are still alive

5. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    and are live well is a cooler that is huge and works great we cought a 45 pounder and put it in the cooler and he stayed alive then we realsed him

6. catfishangler

catfishangler New Member

State:
    virginia
    but yeah i thought it would be fun to thats why i posed this but if you have anyone else that would like to come then that would be great

7. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I know just from reading about them on the web the ones in the area look like they draw a crowd and they catch some huge ones. Just do some online searches and sign up for one. I know they have them day and night, and they leave out of alot of boat landing from Richmond to Hopewell and points beyond.
    good luck
    catch a monster

8. madcatter

madcatter New Member

State:
    West Virgina
    The JRCC ( James River Catfishing Club ) is having a tournament out of Hopewell Landing this weekend. They have a website, two fish, catch and release. The VCA (Virginia Catfish Association) has already had their two for the year on the James. Check out their schedule @ virginiacatfish.com for future tournaments in the area. Right now the bite is really slow on the James.