ToughStick 13' & 14' Surf

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Cherokee Rod Man, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Just finished glueing the reel seats on these 2 monsters, They are new prototypes we are going to field test soon as I get e'm wrapped up.....hey somebody's gotta do it! :smile2: Pics to follow.:big_smile:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    [, They are new prototypes we are going to field test soon as I get e'm wrapped up.....hey somebody's gotta do it! :smile2: Pics to follow.:big_smile:[/QUOTE]

I volunteer. I'll bring my own reel, hooks and sinkers!:smile2:

3. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Thanks Jim; I'll probly need some help! LOL! these are some manchild rods.:eek:oooh:

4. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I have 2 SU-1689 Fenwicks from the early '70's I wouldn't take any thing for. On a good day I can hit the wall at Ft Gidson with a 3 oz. I like thosr long rods.

5. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Are they smooth Fenglass or ribbed blanks? Black or Honey?

6. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    The 2 1689's are ribbed. I have a SU-1389 that is smooth. All are honey color.

7. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Yep those were my favorites, I also relly liked the chestnutt colored SU1389's too, but you dont see many around. Right now is the only time of year I can tinker with rods. Usually after Jan. 15th. it gets busy quick.

8. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I found a 1688 that had been broken and use the last 4 1/2 ft to extend one of my 1386's. I liked it OK but the tip was to fast for me so I gave it to our son-in-law for Christmas one year. He got a 41 lb blue out of the corner at Ft Gibson with all 4 turbines running. It held up good. He has caught several in the 20 pound range on it.

9. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Yep, dont throw e'm in the scrap barrel, when they are damaged on the butt end, I have saved / stretched / extended more Fenwick 1pc. rods than I care to remember...but made alot of guys very happy!:smile2:
    Here's a model Lamiglas that surprised me, WSB1363M which is a 11'-4" blank factory trimmed, I stretched 2 of them to 13'-6" overall and they made a sweet rod. Way different action than the old SB1604M rods.

10. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    I hope that after the first of the year I can slow down. I want to come down and look at your shop and visit. I have been thinking about building a 15' med hvy rod to use at the dam. Just have to get the money for the parts.

Stripers and Hybrids have been running at Ft Gibson. They have been holding at the end of the retaining wall. After 4 or 5 cast I have to rest.

11. Cherokee Rod Man

State:
    Eufaula La
    Jim; I have right now the 15' model BSB1805F, black spiral Lamiglas that is a 5 power blank, we have good sucess on this one model trimming off the butt to 14' / 13-6' / 12'...saves ordering 5 models and you can work off the one blank.