Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Just wanted to give a quick update before I head to work....
Our condo was over looking the lake and top notch.... It was pretty dang nice and had a pier to fish off... Well stay there again im sure!!!!

I DIDNT GET A SINGLE BITE ALL WEEKEND.....

RICK PHU DIDNT GET A SINGLE BITE ALL WEEKEND....

We tried every depth of water and fished all over the lake in sloughs and creeks, water temp and every bait known to man with no luck Fri..... No one had a single bite Thurs or Fri....

We went out again Sat with new plans and new energy... Still, not a single bite.....So we went back to room to relax and eat.... Sat nite we went and tied up in Cashe Creek and FINALLY Rossi caught a 8 lb.... 1 min later Rossi had a good bite and lost it..... Bout 30 mins later Mickey caught a 10 lber..... We thought the bite was ON FINALLY...That was it for the night, not another bite.....So the final tally was 3 bites total and 2 fish landed......

I must say that Clearlake is beautiful!!! The sites and sounds of mother nature at its fullest there.....We had a great time, drank a lot of beer and ate a chit load of food....

The tourny organizers said this was BY FAR the worse production of fish they ever had... The weather just isn't right for the bite right now I guess.... The carp were spawning in the millions EVERYWHERE!!!!

Also, there was a fatality at the tourny... A boat took on water and had NO life vests... A guy lost his life because of it... Keep that in mind in the future.....

Great time and well go back next year and try to kick some ass!!!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Brother i wish i was there next year am going for sure get any pic or video to see I call my cousin that live there and he told me right now the bite is slow but it will pic up thow. what kind of boat was giving away.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear about the fishing and about the boating accident. Hopefully the bite will be better next year. Glad y'all were safe and had a good time. Can't beat the condo on Clear Lake.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Water was like glass, it happened right by us , I woke up to the chopper hovering 100ft. over my boat, it was terrible.......
Very sorry to hear that. Boating can be dangerous and life jackets should be a must. I've been out a couple times without, but I doubt I ever will again. Glad you all had a good time depite the tragic event. Awesome place gonna try and make it next year.

·
Banned
3,910 Posts
so sorry to hear of accident, but makes you wonder what they were thinking about going out without the jackets to begin with. just shows to rest of us to make sure we all carry all emergancy and required gear with us in boat.
gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.