Tough Times on Lake Moultrie !!! THANKS Lakemoultrieblues !!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catmandosimpsonville, Jun 1, 2009.

1. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This is a shout out to Lakemoultrieblues and his Dad ( Neal)
    We fished pretty close to them last Saturday night ( May 23) till about 1 AM. Having filled the coolers (NOT) we decided to call it a night. They were headed back toward the ramp a Bonneau and I headed back to Hills Landing. AS you know that a pretty LONG run from Bonneau. Anyway, about 2 miles into the run, I lost ALL electrical power on my 24 Foot Crest. Having No lights or anything, all that worked was the cell phone. I called Mark, and since we had left in opposite directions was 3 or 4 miles away, and told him what happen. Without hesitation, they turned around and came back. Long story short, they saved what could have been a long night sitting in the dark until sunup.
    THANKS FOR SUCH GREAT GUYS AND I AM GLAD TO BE PART OF BOC!!!!!!

BTW I posted this yesterday but the BOC moved it to the testimonial
    section so I reposted it under a SC topic

2. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Couldn't leave a BOC brother out there in the dark. Just glad you made it in safely.

3. rocky357

rocky357 New Member

State:
    Belmont, NC
    That's real decent of you Mark. That's definitely no lake to be sitting out on with no power all night.

You done a really good thing and it will come back to you someday, count on it!

4. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You know we should make ouor own resuce crew.

When I am at the lake house and the boats are in teh water I would come get anyone stranded.

I would hate to be abused but at the same time we should start a BOC resuce crew for Santee.

I know lake marion very well and can navigate at night in complete darkness, (GPS helps) but I can do lower lake by flash light if need be.

My point is we have folks we know get stuck all the time and could end up on the lake over night....think about it I will post thread on this. add you comments there.

5. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know Lakemoultrieblues, but just wanted to make sure you knew what a good thing you did!
    See you back down there SOON!!:cool2: