Tough far casting line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by daredevle, Sep 27, 2007.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers i am wanting to know is there any line brand in particliur that is real tough but casts far as you know what lol to be spcific how tough about 20 -30 pound test thanks

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok before i answer i have a few questions for you. are you wanting to know about mono, braid, flurocarbon, etc.? or does it really matter? also how far of a cast is considered far? 50 yards? 200 yards? a little more info would help narrow it down a little.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Generally, with any given weight line, the thinner the diameter, the better distance you will get. With mono's, you may give up some abrasion resistance. But, that's an individual decision. I like Suffix lines for casting distance and they have great abrasion resistance. But, I've also done well with Big Game, Cajun Red, Stren, and Trilene. Basically though, its less the line with mono than the reel and how its set up, as well as the amount of weight you are casting, that will determine your distance. I find longer rods cast farther. The more bearings in a reel, the smoother the spool turns, the better distance. And, there is, of course, the engine, you. One can maximize distance by learning how to cast better...preaching without really working at doing it myself, though as I've gained experience, I've gained distance and accuracy.

Braids are another story, others can give you the low down on them better than I.

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Breakaway mono. Cabelas sells it. Made for distance casting. I have 2 ABU 6500 and a 7000 series spooled with the #25 and have had no problem. I only bank fish and use 12' rods, so I need distance. I assume you are talking about fishing from the bank. Good luck.

5. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    well for mono the first thing you have to do is not get fooled by the lable. big game for example pulls a fast by saying the line is up to 50% stronger than other lines the same pound test. well this is how this claim works big game 10lb test verses 10lb magna thin both lines are berkley but here's the trick big game has a diameter of .35mm and magna thin has a diameter of .28mm these diameters are regonized by the i.g.f.a as the true breaking strenghth of 20lb test(.35mm) and 10lb test(.28mm) so with that said if you want to use 20 lb test look for "i.g.f.a." rated, look for diameters in milimeters, or learn to convert american standard to metric. now with that said i would reccomend yozuri hybrid in 10 or 12 lb test 20lb breaking strength, great abrasion resistance, and fairly priced.

no matter what line you decide on to prevent possible injuries please use a shockleader.