Tough day at Marion 9/27

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by outdoorsaddict, Sep 27, 2009.

1. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    First trip to Marion lake today. Wind was breezy out of the West and within an hour was howling from the North. Caught one hybrid jigging a slab spoon in about 18 ft. off a wind driven point on the East side early. Couldn't make anything happen after the wind switched. Caught shad and drifted a while with no success. Got so hard up I broke down and trolled the dam without so much as even a nibble. Not sure if its my inexperience or the weather or both. I know the fish are there as I could see them on the graph. Win some and lose some. All beat working.

2. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Marion can be tuff to fish, its not as bad as El dorado, a stingy old lake that wants to keep all of its fish. Next time you go, go up the lake about 1/2haft way across from French creek and fish in the trees, a good spot for channels RWG

3. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was right there and opted not to enter the trees because of the wind. I wish I would have known about the payoff and I would have gave it a shot. I put in at French creek. Thanks for the tip RWG

4. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Those trees have given up many a nice channel, lots of people chum in the trees, got hold of something last fall up there that pulled the rear of my boat out into the wind and broke 30 lb test when it went under a snag
    there are some mean kittys in Marion

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like that here in Ohio. Been really tough trying to fish last few days with winds at 15-40 mph.