Totaly Disgusted!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Jul 25, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Stopped at my local bait shop to pick up some herring and as is my usual custom i checked out the peg board were people tack up pictures of fish. I was amazed to see a picture of a 25 LB. channel cat some clown had caught. No name or place were it was caught just the weight. The guy holding the fish had run a section of nylon rope through the cats mouth and out of his gills, and it was obvious that the fish was dead. I asked the bait shop owner if he knew anything about the guy who had caught the channel cat. He said that he had been in a week ago bragging about how he had caught some kind of catfish and left it to die because it was just a trash fish as far as he was concerned. This is the kind of attitude people have up here about channel cat and it makes me furious. There are all kinds of programs in New York state to protect salmon, trout, Northern pike, walleye and bass, but when it comes to Channel cat the D.E.C. could care less. Its a good thing we have no blues or flatheads up here and its probably a good thing because the state would more than likely exterminate them to protect there precious trout and salmon waters. I have nothing against other species of fish there all important in my opinion, but i sure do have a problem with wasteful ignorant people. When i see someone throwing a fish up on the bank to die I'm not afraid to open my mouth and give them a lesson in conservation but ninety percent of the time they could care less!! I guess ill never understand the mentality of some people!!!!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It sucks when ignorant people catch nice fish. Maybe someone will just leave him to suffer one day, alone in an old age home.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't try to understand it or change it. However, make sure ya let them know that they are %#@%$#$%%! Its a disease that is plagueing the country. Not just with fishin but things in general. I can feel your pain.

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Steve: Disgusting is a proper word. Like gar, turtles, carp, unborn babies in the trash, this country has no brains anymore. You can't change them. I am personally glad I am getting to the end of my range. Perhaps, if there is another life commonsense rules. John

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Just print out that Pic of Big George posing in the "Art of Seduction" pose.. Place that right next the guys pic with a note saying that if he keeps it up, BG will come visit while he is sleeping...:wink:

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cause this post has made me ill! I don't understand the mentality of people. 25 pound cat just wasted that guy in my book is bad news. If he does this and brags about it what else does he do that is probably just as sick and disgusting that we don't know about! Does he shoot deer and leave them lie just to shoot them? Sick Sick Sick!!!!:angry:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Try this one first. LOL!

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i agree that it was a heinous act, but does he really deserve that kind of punishment??:crazy::smile2:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Yes they do! LOL! Post #7 in this thread should do. LOL!

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Omg George have you no shame!! LOL!!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    George that picture scared me and I practice 100% CPR. I never knew you were a member of "Hells Angels".:smile2:

12. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The he$$ with your boat as an escape route. You my man get the first Bradley tank to go over the plain. You stick your head out a turret and Dademoss will give you his penguin gun. The war has been won, you have to change your socks though. We don't want them committing Harri Kari.

13. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Because we have interfered with nature we now have a society where the stupid are protected from themselves. Once upon a time, way, way back in the day if you were stupid nature would make sure you were removed from the gene pool. Now, the stupid are not only protected and nurtured, they are allowed to procreate and brag about killing catfish. :confused2::angry::confused2::angry:...W

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    like ron white says...you can't fix stupid!!! maybe someone outta string the guy through the mouth out his a$$ and hang him for a pic. we could start a stupid thread for everyone to look at. lol...rollo

15. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Think there's a law against cruel and unusual punishment, Big George...lol But maybe that goes along with what metalman said about the stupid being protected...? Wait a second...this just registered. Is that statement the very reason I've been nurtured???:crazy:

-Red

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    God, I wished I hadn't opened that, LOL!!!

Maybe he just needs a good old fashioned southern style attitude adjustment!!!! I will be glad to volunteer to do the job!!!!!!

17. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    well thats a bretty pathetic thing for someone to do. Hope that guy catches no more catfish.

As far as BG's picture goes, well...................it explains why and how he got BOC-POTM:smile2::wink:

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    It digusts me too.....you cant fix stupid

19. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm with you John:smile2: