Totaled my truck!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 31, 2008.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Late last night I was driving home from a friends house, a deer jumped out in front of me, I dodged the deer but lost control of my truck and was heading towards a telephone pole, I barely missed that and almost managed to get my truck back on the highway when I suddenly flipped several times, I covered my face with my arms and balled up as tight as possible to protect myself...and well I guess it worked...after the truck stopped rolling I kicked my door open, stepped out....and when I looked at my truck I seriously asked myself..."how did I surive that?"....my truck rolled about 3 times, every window on it was shattered....it was completely totaled...and all that happened to me was the top of my hand is cut, and I have a lot of bruises and whatnot.

I am upset about my vehicle of course, I have only been driving it 4 months now, and we've only had it about a year....luckily insurance is probably giving me enough to get one I picked out tonight...it's not like my old one...but I drove it and it handles a lot better, it's a different model.

Anyway, the first picture was the one I wrecked...before the accident of course. And the second picture is the new truck I am trying to get.

Attached Files:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Zakk Thank God your alright son.You can always get another Truck,But we can Never get You.Take Care,Your Friend,J.D.

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Wow what a way to start off the New Year.Glad your okay after a rollover.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your life was spared young man. Happy new Year hope You can get your new truck and you can be on the road again soon. Please be careful~~~Sister Pat:smile2:

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Good going that your alright glad to hear it.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry for the loss of your truck, looked like a nice one. Glad your ok though.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad you are ok,Zaack. Thats why I tell my wife DONT SWERVE if ANYTHING smaller than a cow runs in front of you,Just hit the brakes. More people killed by the loss on clntrol than the damage suffered. I have seen familys killed,Because the mom swerved to avoid a rabbit,It just aint worth it.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    At least your OK except for a couple cuts and bruises.Vehicles can be replaced ,human life's can't.I'll have to agree with Richard on the don't swerve thing but that's hard not to do.Just automatic reflexes most of the time.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am glad yer allrigh man you give me the heebee's thinking bout that... I rolled a van when I was younger and me and my buddy walked away without a scratch-How is beyond me neither of us were belted etc...I wish I had the pics of it but we lost them in a fire some yrs ago ...WOW!
    Glad yer allright bro thats a ground kisser !

11. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Glad you're ok! A buddy of mine was paralyzed from the neck down when he swerved to miss a deer and hit a telephone pole.

Like 223 said, it would be much better to just hit the deer. The only problem is, the only deer you're going to hit is the one that comes out of nowhere and catches you by suprise. When that happens your reflexes take over.

You were very lucky.

12. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Zakk, I'm very glad you're alive! Your guardian angel has sure been busy :wink:
    Take good care and.... thank God! Oh, and Happy New Year!

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Zakk old buddy I'm glad you were not seriously injured! Too bad about your truck but looks like you got a nice one lined up to replace it! Have a safe & happy New Year! How's the music business going? I was just thinking of you the other day. That song your band plays "clusterfunk" popped into my head for some reason. I need to burn that onto a CD, I really like that tune! :cool2:

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    W-O-W!! Glad you're OK!! :eek:oooh:

Bill in SC

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Zack I hope you thanked God that you walked away from that one from what you said he protected you glad he did good luck on getting the new truck

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Zack, sorry to hear about that but glad you were not seriously hurt or killed. Good luck on getting the new truck.

I like your choice of vehicles, :wink:,
    here's mine.

You have a Happy New Year.

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thank God you are ok brother:wink:

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone, I know I should have just hit the deer, it just happened so fast...I really still don't understand the whole thing, it keeps playing over and over in my head.

I know I am very fortunate to be alive...I was blessed to not get hurt or killed.

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank's buddy, and that is one of the nicest ones I've ever seen!

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, thanks man! The music is going great, I play in 2 bands now, so I'm keeping busy! And I'm working on getting my Bachelor's in Music as well. Glad you like that song, when we record a CD (at least a demo) I will make sure to send you one man.

Take care!