Total to Date ....

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Dec 1, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    My trapping Total to Date ... is really less than desirable, but what I used to do all day, now takes all day to do ...

Raccoon .. 23

Muskrats .. 31

Mink .. 2

Opossum .. 1

It seems to take me at least 3 times as long to skin, flesh and stretch as it used too ... "Old Age is Hell" ........ Garry- :eek:oooh:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Gary I would say that was Excellent!!! Anyone that can get out in this kind of weather and run lines and catch them critters is doing Good in this old boys book!!! Congratulations on a job well done.J.D.

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well the day was slow ... got stuck and had to be drug out ... but did manage to get another nice male mink and a wounded coon ... it appears it had recently been hit by a car or something, before it crawled into my live trap last night......... Garry-

Attached Files:

4. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    Garry, sounds like your doing real good! I love the mink picture. Those are some really neat critters. I haven't connected with one yet this year.

I sure wish my possum numbers was the same as yours....I caught 32 the first 6 nights of the season!:angry: Them suckers can sure plug up a good cat or coon set!

How has some of your inventions and ideas been working out for you???

Good luck on the line. I'm in Mexico till the 27th of December!:sad2: 6 nights of trapping and a month gone really sucks!!! Can't wait to get home and start harrassing the critters again!

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I understand it's not a get rich proposition, but i'm glad your gettin out doing something. The exercise itself is worth something and you'll stayer younger longer by doing such. Good luck.

6. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Your doing good Gary! I set eight connibears for beaver on friday and only got 1 beaver a day for three days. They must not of been moving the last several days, because today I caught 3 beaver! Doubled my numbers in one day:big_smile:

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    That is good Rush .... They haven't moved here the last couple of nights ... warmer to night and a dropping barometer ... hoping for something in morning .... Garry-

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Easy there Ole Man... i know you are holdin the fort down for now.. I will be along to give ya a hand soon... BUT, what do I know? LOL... Your gonna be teachin the boy!:wink: rollo

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    You sure have the "Ole Man" part right today .... I could sure use a hand ... a left one ... mine isn't much good anymore .... Just remember ... at the end of the teaching .... there WILL BE A TEST >>> :eek:oooh: ..... Garry-

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did anyone do any good today? I went deer hunting today Garry, got to see the local warden and share my wallet with him for a bit....lol...rollo

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    pop Quiz!!!!! I ain't set a trap yet but i bitch about the predators eatin my turkey. Go figure,,,,SLACKER!!!! It's dark when i go to work and damn near dark when i get off:confused2: Them egg eatin suckers better watch me when i'm in transit.:smile2::smile2::smile2: I'll show ya'll a few cats before it's over, i just ain't got started.:wink:

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The more we teach,The more we save,Remember guys,its becoming a lost art.

13. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    Pretty nice take Gary. It has been several years sense I trapped. Are prices still way down? What does a big prime Coon bring these days?

14. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Gary how is that hook working on setting those connibers??? I hope it is working out well for you.

15. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I dion't know of anyone trapping around this area any more. Last ones I know of was 8 to 10 years ago. I havn't set a trap in 35+yrs. Then only caught opossums rats and a raccoon now and then.

16. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    It is working great ... although haven't had to use it much yet only on #220s ... most use will come when I start using it on the #330s when beaver season gets here ..... Garry-

17. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

im doing like always i geuss getting a good pile of coons before i move into doing some cat trapping.ice is starting to be a pain though on the water line.lots of ice breaking going on to keep sets working

18. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Today was the First really good day in a couple weeks ... Got 3 coon, 4 rats and 2 mink ..... Caught both mink in traps I had previously caught mink .... one (a small female) in a colony trap, and the buck in a 120 conibear. Caught all 3 coons in mink sets .... had 17 pound coon that chewed a drag as big around as my arm into tooth picks ... the wire end of the chain was hanging free, but the coon had the trap spring (1 1/2 Long Spring) pulled down over another branch .... the rats were all taken in my colony traps ...... Garry-

Attached Files: