Total Slaughter

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Switchback XT, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Switchback XT

Switchback XT New Member

State:
    MS
    Got out on friday down here in Mississippi and shot 30 ducks with a few folks. The skies were covered with em at daybreak. I think this warm spell messed me up today though. How's everybody else doing?

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great to hear you whacked em! I use to hunt in Miss. with a friend however he got killed about 3 weeks after last years duck season. We got to hunt together the last weekend of the season. So I probably wont be coming down this year unless I want to hunt public & thats not much fun. Keeps us posted. Were they big ducks?

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good to hear somebody's getting into them. Things are pretty slow up here right now. These mid 60's aren't helping things out. Hearing lots of reports of huge quantities of birds staging on the Great Lakes. No weather to speak of to push them off either. Keep after them.

4. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    I was out on the Missouri river most of the day today . I was fishin not hunting but kept my eyes peeled for ducks anyway. Saw two groups of ten or twelve. Both groups were ringnecks, that's all I saw. River is so low this year I doubt that many will stop over for long on there way down. Slews are dry or close to it and nothing but mud banks and sandbars all up and down the rive rright now.Didn't see any hunters or hear any shots.

5. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    yea theyres a good number of birds down but after this weekend yal will be seein an increase all the ducks i saw today were headed north bound

6. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    We've been doin' okay... but we need a COLD FRONT :tounge_out:

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    One cold front comming up!!Should be there tonight.