Toronto Reservoir

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by GarH, Aug 19, 2007.

1. GarH

GarH New Member

State:
    Arizona
    How good is Toronto for flatheads?

2. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Toronto is probably the best flathead lake in the state, which means it pretty good.

3. GarH

GarH New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks. I thought I remebered it was pretty good.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Calvin, are we going back to Toronto this fall? I know Charlie was talking about it earlier, and I think they finally got rid of all that water.

5. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its finally back within its banks and should be loaded with flatheads. The ramp has some mud on it but I'm sure a four wheel drive will get you in and out OK. I'll be going over there again soon as the moon starts to get darker. Charlie is on a straight shift (or will be) so he might be able to get loose. Jim and Jerald probably want to go too. Jim has a new motor home. I'll give you a shout when I go over and maybe you and Toby will be up for a trip.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, the RV is still in the works, even if we don't get it, we will probably come anyway. If Matt can't make it with his popup camper, we can get one from Special Service on Ft Riley.
    Me and Jerald were wondering when you'd mention Toronto. Do they have camp sites where we can beach the Toon near where we're camped? That'd sure be handy. Next time you plan on El Dorado, maybe we could go to the East side, where you were when they had the bike races.

7. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If you don't get the RV we'll be able to work something out for you Jim. Toronto really doesn't have good shorline to pull a boat up on except on the west side of Toronto point I guess. The shorline is mostly bluffs and sandstone rocks. They do have good ramps though and its easy to put a boat in and out and it only a short distance from where we camp. the lake was up over thirty feet for over a month so they suffered some water damage. But the flatheads should be up that Verdgris like who layed the chunk.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, that really sounds good. Jerald's been reading these I'm sure, so, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    When'er you planning on going to Toronto?

9. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim, I won't be going to Toronto until the moon gets dark in a couple or three weeks. the El Dorado floods took all my trotlines so I have to make up some more. A good trotline costs almost $50 to make so it stings to loose a couple of them at a time.
    I want the weather to cool off a bit too. By the middle of September we are usually about finished with the 100F days. However, the way weather is nowadays its anyone's guess.
    I'll probably be doing some camping at ElDorado after the Labor Day crowds leave too. I'll keep you posted on my plans.

10. GarH

GarH New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well my wife and I did it. We are in the process of buying a 2 Bdrm, 1 Bath house in Toronto, Kansas to use as a fishing and hunting retreat cabin when we are back in Kansas. I guess I'll be going back to Kansas a lot more often than every other year, like I have been the last 10 years. My brother and his wife lives in Wichita and my nephew is going to school at KSU. They'll have full use of it too.

11. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    I FISHED T0RONTO 3 WEEKS AGO ALL DAY AND GOT NO BITES, IT SHOULD BE A GOOD LAKE FOR FLATHEADS. WE DRIFTED WITH PERCH AND GOLD FISH NO LUCK ITS VERRY SHALLOW IN A LOT OF THE LAKE THERE ARE OLD RIVER CHENNELS THAT COME OUT OF THE CREEKS, 18/20 FOOT OF WATER
    I WOULD TRY THOSE FIRST RWG:big_smile:

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin, looks like we'll be heading that way the weekend of the 12th, we'll probably come Saturday. Lydia has an appointment in KC on friday, so I probably would'nt feel like driving down there that evening.
    We'd stay till monday evening then. Lydia said she'd come along if Sherry would be there, so I guess it'll be me and Jerald, if he can make it, we'll just have to see.

13. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Jim, I screwed up on when I told you I was on vacation. I am off next week instead of the following one. The 13th. is Sherry's Birthday, so I'm guessing I'll be grounded at least that evening. When you get back home why don't you give me a shout. Maybe we can do something at Eldorado or Toronto next week. I will be fishing one of those places for sure. I may even come to Milford for an evening or day of drifting.

14. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Calvin,
    I was going to call you earlier, Jerald stopped by and gave me the news about the change. I'll give you a holler tomorrow.
    Matt couldn't make it that weekend either, had a wedding to go to that Friday and Saturday.
    The following weekend doesn't sound bad though.
    Fishing was terrible at Marion, I caught two, a 6.4 and a 2.2 Channel, there was one day the wind didn't blow at all, the rest of the week the lake was white from 20 to 30+ mph wind. I caught those two on Tuesday, and never got another bite the rest of the week.
    There was a guy a couple of sites down that was boat fishing, he didn't catch as much as I did:smile2:
    Talk with you tomorrow.