Toronto Lake info

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by koakley1, Feb 21, 2008.

1. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone fished Toronto lake? It's only 35 miles from the house and I thought I would try fishing it this year. Any information would help.

2. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Their are some hog channel cat in shallows and on the backside of that island out in the lake. I don't know if you are familiar with the lake. I use to camp down their when I was a kid and caught fish from shore and now I fish if from a boat but the lake is about 60 miles and I've got some pretty good spots in my area. I can't remember the creek that runs in to it but on a raise I have a buddy that does real well. There's quite a bit of timber to fish around too.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I have never been but have heard stories if monster flatheads in there.It is formed by the Verdigis which is an awesome river.I am going to go there at least once this year.My wife has family in Fredonia so we will go that way a couple of times this summer.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where can I find a list of Kansas water holes?

5. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    What are the roads around the lake like? I thought about heading down there Saturday to scout around and didn't want to get stuck. This ice is supposed to melt tomorrow.

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Kevin , looks like we need to get you a bigger fish for your avatar pic. :smile2:

7. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My wife dared me to use it for my avatar, so I did. It was a slow night and and I thought it would be funny.

8. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    This is the only other fish I caught earlier that night. :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Maybe we can get you a monster at the Gathering?:big_smile:

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I think most of the roads or at least the ones that Ihave been on have been black top.

11. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah I Haven't had the best of luck for big fish since I moved to Kansas, lot of small stuff though. I'll just be patient and my day will come.

12. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas

Cool, I think I will check it out tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the help.

13. duckgetr

duckgetr New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Have not personally ben there but guys I work with have and there are some monster crappie in there at least. my good friend caught a 16 1/4 inch crappie last fall out there. I heard it's got a little of everything timber, rock, deep, shallow. I heard it's perfect. They've also got some cabins you can rent now on the lake. could be worth checkin out.

14. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    It has been a long time since i have been there back when i was about 15. Altough i do remember there are some nice flats in that lake and alot of nice channels. The biggist we caught was a 30lber up in the river. I remember getting to the river off of 54 highway. Sorry i can tell you for sure what road it was on though. I do remember catching alot of fish. We mainly were running trot lines but we did get a few on poles. I havent been to the lake part at all. We were mainly on the river or very n end of the lake.Like it was mentioned before there are cabins you can rent on the lake. A friend of mine had a family get together at the lake and they rented cabins. Hope this helps you out. I do know that it is pretty close to fall river also.

15. Gatr

Gatr New Member

State:
    Kansas City, MO
    I haven't done any catfishing at Toronto yet. But if your into crappie fishing Mann's Cove is one of the best, caught crappie over the 3 lb. mark in Mann's. And where the crappie are feeding you will find big channels feeding on the crappie in the early spring time.

16. KSFish

KSFish New Member

State:
    Kansas
    When I was a kid, probably like 25 years ago, my dad used to take me to Toronto to fish for flats and channel cats. We mostly fished behind he damn and seem to always catch fish. I know this may not help much, but it was a nice memory fishing with my dad! Good Luck :big_smile:

17. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for all the information Guys. I haven't made it to Toronto yet, I have been to busy, I'll try to check it out very soon.