Tornados - Is everyone OK?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Nobody Special, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    The tornados that came through yesterday went south of us by a few miles. We had the only basement house in the area, so we went across the road and got a woman and her kid out of their trailer and into our basement. Then there was a babysitter with some small kids next door and we got them over here to ride out the storm. Everything turned out ok here but there was a lot of damage just south of us.

Looks like there's going to be some fresh water in the river now.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good to know you are ok and made it through safe and sound. Also, a Thank You, for looking out for your neighbors like you did.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not much happened here in the Murfreesboro TN area.

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Grumpy, I live about 3 miles off hiway 13. If you know where Shiloh or L and L pizza is, I turn at that intersection to get home each night. Most of the damage was about 3 or to miles to toward hiway 48 from us. We had some damage on Chambers Rd here. A barn and little house got torn down and lot's of trees down. The place where that girl took the ride down the hill in the mobile home is about 3 miles from here throught the back roads. Nothing happened to my place thank goodness. But if you haven't been on hiway 13, take a ride tomorrow. Nature sure can be cruel sometimes. That store is totally destroyed most likely. Roof caved in on most of it. The guy that said it was like a war zone was right. I drove right through there last night about 4:45. It supposedly hit just before 5PM. They let us go early at work, or it wouldn't have been fun, that's for sure. The roads were clear and very drivable when I went to work this morning about 5:30. Sure is strange to see a huge oak tree snapped in half like a toothpick.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We didnt have any Tornados here, luckily. It did get VERY windy though. I heard of 1 fatality in IN I think. We almost went to my grandpas, but we stuck it out, liek I said more warnings than anything here. Better safe than sorry though.

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    We took a ride down hwy 13 this morning. Sure was a lot of damage down that way.

7. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Watched it on the news last night,they showed where there were seventeen tornado's,around ya'lls three state area.They gal in the trailer is a very lucky
    girl.Bad deal!
    Leakyboat

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am glad to hear that you all are ok, Bryan, my pal you be very careful, we need you here to keep this site running!! All of you mods do a great job!!