Tornados in January!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bigcatmaniac, Jan 7, 2008.

1. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Just got home to find out that we were under a tornado warning. I thought that the clouds looked neat so i took some pictures with my camera that i got for christmas.

Attached Files:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    WOW,Ethan that first one dont look so good. but those are great pics ,If I saw pic #1 nowdays I think mt testicular fortitude would hide :smile2:

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    yea i had gone up to see about gettin our mail and i saw all the clouds gettin darker and darker, so i started takin shots as fast as i could. I only got scared when i had to turn my lights on so i could see goin down our driveway.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Ethan for the pics. Scary looking. I think it is suppose to move east toward us later tonight.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, the sirens went off here today too. Had to corral the customers into the meat cooler for a bit. I haven't heard of any confirmed tornados that made contact with the ground, but I did go outside to check things out, and coulda swore I saw funnels. There was a great big, scary cloud too, with a large cone shape trying to push out of the bottom. I don't think it ever did.

Don't forget...if it thunders in January, it will frost in May. Seen it happen, so I believe the old wive's tale. Definantly some strange weather for January. I can't remember ever having a tornado warning this time of year.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    They just issued another tornado watch until 5 am. Have to sleep with one eye open tonite.:wink:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Things in southwestern missouri don't look good at this time. There has been a couple touch down near here this evening. Monette and Purdy got hit according to the radio. It just hailed hard here and the wind and rain is very heavy.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have to agree with Kat in the Hat I never heard of Tornadoes in January either. My part of Missouri is perfectly calm but rest assured I will be praying for everyones safety down south of me!:confident:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    actually the weather channel did say there is an adveradge of 12 tornadoes in jan annually. just not in the area there in in the us. im getting bombed now with heavy rain, and a tornado warning about 5:30pm was just 30 miles east of me. were in a watch now as well. there last i heard were over 20 reports of tornadoes. homes were destroyed in illinois earlier. there extending warnings now in oklohoma. and 2 mile lane of destruction is being reported in springfield mo, on thier 3rd cell coming through. just said had baseball sized hail. WOW. and several cells still on there way towards them now.

just seen video of a tornado in harvard il.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    now flooding is a major problem. my shop is flooding and i live in a town on a hill. be praying for the rest of ya. its a mess here.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man i just heard in springfield sherman il a building had colapsed. there are more tornadoes in mo now too.

12. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    This weather is crazy.

13. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    They are having reports of 100 mph winds. Thats catagory 2 hurricane winds here in missouri whats up with that.

14. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Troy did you get any damage or just lots of rain? Just lots of rain here with a few small limbs down.

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just rain here Josh, they did have a tornado warning go off yesterday when I was talking to you but no damage I know of. Still raining this morning and some wind. Beats ice as long as theres no bad winds and tornados ....

16. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Rain is good snow and ice bad. Looks like gonna rain for alittle while longer here all the tornados have went well to the east. I hope everyone is ok I know there has been two killed from tornados just north of strafford.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya the eastern part of mo is being drilled now. looks like the nader threat has went to the east of us now. just major flooding.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    weather channel just said 48 reports of tornadoes.:angry:

19. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I dont know how many they have had along and just south of the i-44 corrador but its been a lot.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i dont know how many catfish could live in my garage but its a lot. bout 1 1/2" in the low end of floor.:angry:

ill be knocking a hole in the floor soon and adding a sump pump. mt pc is out here guns all my fishing hunting videos. i just about lost 15years worth of pics too. i got them out as the water went into the bottom of drawer.