Tornadoes

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by festus, Oct 9, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

A tornado was spotted in Rockwood and Kingston a few minutes ago, haven't heard anything more about it, our satellite TV is out, and the radio stations in Roane County are not working. We had a severe thunderstorm in my location, it's about gone, got 1-1/4" of rain in about 10 minutes. This tornado was about 15 or 20 miles away from me, near Watts Bar Lake in another county.

2. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn

3. festus

festus New Member

...I'm over in the next county from the bad weather, am listening to a high school football game over the radio, nothing else has been mentioned, we still have a light rain. I haven't heard a thing from the police scanner where this tornado was supposed to be, maybe it knocked out their communications? :crazy:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Keep yours eyes on the sky and your running shoes handy.Just be Careful.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    We had 3/4 inch in 20 minutes here in mossy grove. Can still hear the storms down toward chatanooga. This weather has sure messed up my fishing. Guess I am done this year after only 3 trips out. I sneezed and broke another rib the other day.

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    We have the same line fixing to come through here. :embarassed:

7. festus

festus New Member

As much pollen has been in the air lately, I'm not suprised you broke a rib sneezing, Frank. I'm not bothered by ragweed, but goldenrod....Dern bugs have been bad, too. I can't even walk to the vehicle without getting eaten up. Twice this year I've been bitten by something that made my eye swell.......Looks like the worse part of this storm was south of us.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  8. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    That must have been one heck of a sneeze.

9. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    My first open heart was 11 years ago. I broke 2 ribs sneezing after that one. I had open heart last october and have broke ribs 5 times sneezing this time. doctor says they dont have time to heal between sneezes plus this time my ribs did not grow back together. just twisting around or lifting anything slightly heavy will cause one side to jump up on top of the other. very uncomfortable situation.

10. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    frank we can fix that with some rubber tubing, hose clamps, and duct tape. I hope you get healed up brother so you can get back to fishing.

11. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    All the doctors say it is my ribs nothing they can do. I did some engineering myself. I found an 8"wide belt and put it around my chest. It helps. Got to be ready by spring.

12. festus

festus New Member

We fished the Woods Chapel section of the Emory yesterday, Frank. The only thing we caught was a crappie, a couple of bluegill, and some dink bass.