Tornado!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Mar 24, 2007.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just thought I'd check in hith my BOCfamily,We suffered through a tornado last evening. my wife and daughter and one of my daughters friends were at our home duding this and we were under a watch , i had just gotten off work and stepped in my truck when all hell broke loose , This it the most tramautic event I've evcer witnessed in my life ,There was debri flying in every direction as I tried to get to my home , my only concern my family. I git to the house about the time it was over. we have some minor damage to our home but its repairable my daughters show stock of bamtams didnt fare as well most were killed but she found 8 that survived ,the trailer house that I use as a storage shed flipped over onto our back fence , and we arent able to get in to retrieve the stuff inside yet hope most can be saved but all in all GOD had his hand over us.

2. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    yah you guys got hit hard.now the line of storms is up my way. i hope that everyone down there can recooprate and pull things together.:cross:

my best of hopes are with you

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank God you are all alive and well. Material things are really nothing! Human life is what's the most precious and irreplaceable. I appreciate you Brother for being courteous enough for allowing us to know you and family are ok! Tornado's are wicked forms of nature.If I may,when my husband and I and our daughters were moving to Nebraska for him to go to work for UPRR in North Platte we were about 45 minutes from reaching our destination when my husband pulled over.So,naturally,I pulled over to see what was going on and our Oldest daughter was crying and scared to death.Steve(my husband) very calmly pointed to the sky and behind me several miles away was a tornado. I have to say it had to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.From where I was standing,it was headed away from me,it had the most beautiful blue color I had ever seen in nature.I never knew they could take on that color.Perhaps it was the sun shining on it that gave it that color I don't know.Now please don't take this post the wrong way.Had the darn thing been heading in my direction you can bet your boots I would have been scared to death and I'm sure it would not have had that gorgeous color.I'm also positive that the people to whom it was heading toward suffered bad damage as it was huge.For that I'm extremely sorry,I know they did not see what I seen.I was just taken aback,as I for one had never actually seen a tornado and two,I never knew they could also have a very pretty side to them! Sorry for the long post.Again 223,I thank my God in Heaven that you and your family are all ok.Just wouldn't be the same without ya! You're a good Bud!!:big_smile_2:

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Richard,

Just posted over on the prayer thread, then saw this.
    Hugs to your daughter... to you all!... but please tell her I'm sorry about the loss of her banties. We have some of those little guys, too, not for show, but you can sure get attached to them.
    One thing at a time and you'll get it all sorted... just so thankful that y'all are okay and still have a home. I know that not everyone fared so well and trust that folks there will continue working together to help each other out. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much for posting about the situation there.

Carolyn

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    I am so thankful to hear that you and your family are safe Richard! I am sorry for the loss of your daughter's banties and the property damage you did sustain.
    However, those things can be replaced. The most important thing is you and the family were spared any physical damage or death.

If there is anything we can do at all to help in any way please just let us know.

Thoughts and prayers sent for strength to get through all you and the community are going through.

Hugs brither.

Barb

6. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    glad to hear your ok. that's a pretty rare event in those parts, eh?

7. Tala

Tala Guest

I am sure that was a scary situation. Personally,having a tornado is my biggest fear... Sorry for any loss, but sincerely glad that you and your family are safe.

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Glad to hear you and your family are okay Richard!!!!

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thaqnk all of you so much ,This whole event has been very overwhelming for us . and its all we can do not to just break down. We will survive but never having actually been here before its been a bit much to handle , Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement .

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    First a prayer is gone thanking God for your blessings of nobody getting hurt second I grow up in Mo. so I have seen the damage they will cause including the way they skip around scarey you bet it is keep your spirits up God ain't done with you on this earth so thru this you will find a new inner strengh to go forward ask for his guidence and you will go the way he wants but don't break down or give up and move until you are ready. I hope this makes sense as I was writing as it was coming into my head