TORNADO WEATHER

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman-j, Apr 28, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    When I was 11 years old we had an f5 tornado here. Ocasionally I have this strange feeling that we might have one here again soon. I was telling this to my friend tonight because he claims his dog acts up when storms are coming and even when they're hours away. I told him of the hunches I've been having and he says his wife has had several dreams recently of tornados. Anyone ever felt this way and it came true?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To be honest,I have dreampt of being in Tornadoes all my life,I have seen one but it was moving away from me.The sun was shining against it and was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.Now I'm sure those folks that seen it coming toward them was most frightening,but as I said it was going away from me.Beautiful you might ask? I say that because it was a brilliant blue color.I may be jinksing myself by saying this but so far Thank God,I have never been in one.Thank you for posting.:cool2:

3. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    They scare the crap out of me. We had one come through Clarksville about 10 years ago. It tore up a bunch of stuff. I had my wife and kids in the bathtub. It was a trip!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have not heard of anyone with esp predicting a tornado occurring. Round these parts we try to predict when one will miss us. LOL Wow, now we have random questions to answer before we can post. Man, we are uptown.

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What is this random question I keep hearing about, I have yet to have to answer one, either they figure I am to smart to be bothered by one, or to dumb to answer one, cant figure out which?:confused2:

6. 10IbsBass

10IbsBass New Member

State:
    AL
    I didn't see this thread or I would have put that picture in here.

Yes I have heard of this before, but I have never had it happen to me.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Not bragging or consider myself a weatherman, but I did predict a Tornado when I was living on a farm years back. I was working with my father and noticed clouds moving from the south and north, like colliding together. I told my dad this is going to form a tornado! No joke! about a 1/2 hour later, it happened! Look Dad, pointed my finger to the southwest. TORNADO!! Ran to the house, told mom to get to the basement. Just the 3 of us plus the dog. Saying prayers and after a few minutes the tornado stayed in the sky and disapated!! Thank God!! Saw another one that day to and luckily it stayed in the clouds.. Just a funnel..

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Round here in central Texas you can't hardly see one coming, they just zing down out of storms. We don't get near as many as everyone up in the plains states, but generally the one we do get are tough. Never seen one, but years ago we were on an enclosed fishing dock on the Pedernales River when the dock started pitching and rolling, whitecaps inside the fishing hole. We loaded up and ran for the car, about 20 minutes later it was clear sky, stars shining. Looked at the news the next morning and found out that Burnet Texas, about 20 miles away, was near eliminated from the map that night.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe the random question has now been eliminated. LOL. I guess I am fortunate as I have seen quite a few tornados, just not up close and personal. They are, to a degree, a pretty thing to watch...the sky getting that dark green tint which usually means hail and strong winds. I've seen them in Texas, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Seen the typical cone shaped tornado, a stovepipe tornado and a rope tornado. All were something to watch.

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have saw quite a few myself, last one I was near, nearly took us out, that was the one that hit Kansas University, I was driving down 70, and right in the middle of the 2 lanes, the clouds were twisting, so I pulled over, I had no way of turning around, my daughter, wife and mother-in-law was with me. Luckily the tornado came down on the other side of the road, it sure tossed my car around, when it went by. The 18 wheeler, wasnt so lucky, I honked and honked at it, he was heading right into it, after it was over I went down about 300 yards and the tractor and trailer were laying on their sides.

11. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I must be part dog, cause when i see or hear bad weather comeing I get nervous. I got to experience the Andover Kansas tornado and after the destruction and all the crazy stuff the storm can do, ill never be the same. I keep an eye on the radar and my scanner ready.