Tornado in Mena

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by ccat, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I just learned on the radio that Mena was hit last night by a tornado from the storms we had come through the state. The report included loss of life, injuries and lots of damage.
    Our thoughts and prayers go out to the people of that area.
    Poison Pits are you ok?
    We sure don't need anymore weather related issues in our state.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Here's praying that all the BOC members from this area of Arkansas are doing OK. Johnnie, Cassk, Top, and whomever else I've forgotten, just remember that GOD doesn't forget. He's there for you all. Let us know you're OK.

3. fish13

fish13 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was on line last night and members were talking about the storm but didn't know it was as bad as i saw this morning on the news. Hope every boc member, friends, and family made it through ok. Thinking of you all in Arkansas.

4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Just heard about the tornado. poisonpits and everybody else, hope y'all are okay.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes hope poision pits & cass are ok...I left Mena yesterday evening about 4pm I work there every thursday..anyway spoke to my co-workers this am it aint good old downtown took a hit ....courthouse is gone....4 blocks from our office:wink: My 2nd co-worker lost 2 houses & he was in one of them...

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am concerned, Pits did not answer his phone. Has anyone heard from him or cass

7. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    Lots of phone calls arent getting through. It is my understanding that it was primarily in the downtown area. Lots of businesses hit. Jr High hit. Courthouse gone.

8. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I just got off the phone with cass and she is fine but she cannot get intouch with johnnie, at the time i talked to her they were not letting anyone through town and all power is gone , i talked to her on a cell phone she had , i actually woke her up this morning when i got off of work ,they were up all night ,but she did take the time to tell me she was ok . As soon as she can get through town she is headed to johnnies. Johnnies mom also lives downtown i think , so all we can do now is hope and pray for the best, they have no power and phones so you probably wont get through anytime soon .

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I sure hope everyone is alright. I will keep checkin this thread to see.
    Prayers sent to everyone affected.

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    talked to johnnie this morning and he is ok. said it missed him by 100 yds but no damage there. his electric is off so he cant get online. thank god him and cass were ok.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Please keep the BOC updated on this. Prayers go out to all affected.

12. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    bumpin this up

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Pits -Topps-Cassk... you all hit our thoughts and prayers go out to you from Iowa...glad to hear yer ok !

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Prayers from MO to all that were affected. Hope everyone keeps safe

15. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Prayers to all from Okla. It went south of us

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I was worried ole pits and Cass were hit, but I see they are ok. Glad to hear it. Was a rough night all along this line of storms.

17. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    glad to see thay are ok

18. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I talked to cassk last night right after everything happened. The tornado missed them, so they were alright except for the power being out. I am glad to hear Johnnie is OK also, thanks for posting that Billy.

19. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thanks for posting Billy... I been trying and trying to get a hold of him without success...

I talked to Cass last nite and she really put a scare in me... she said the track of the storm from the way it looked went right to johnnie's.... Glad she was wrong.

Thank you Lord for keeping our brother and sister and their families safe from harm.

20. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Thank you Billy, Robert, and the rest of you for letting us know that Johnnie and Cass are ok. My heart almost jumped in my throat when I heard Mena was hit that hard. The Lord was watching over them I'm sure. They were lucky to come thru it without harm. My prayers and thoughts go out to the other tho who were not quite so lucky. Please keep us informed on their situations while they are out of pocket.