Toremup

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by TONTO, May 4, 2008.

1. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I woke up friday morning to find a blue on one of four bank poles that probably went around 25 lbs or 30 lbs. I then decided to put in on the muddy and fish, it looked like the bad storms had already gone through. Wrong! well myself my nephew and two friends rode it out on my boat, but what the heck we were fishing. After the wind and rain died down a little we went farther south. We ended up finding a large tree that had slid down the bank into an old log jam. Man they were biting, we caught 5 blues and 2 flatheads ranging in size from 15 to 4 lbs. All out of that one hole on live and cut bluegill. Just wanted to share.

2. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    sound's like a fun fishing trip.... those storm's can turn them on or turn them off ..sound's like you were on the on side of the storm's

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had your self a fun fishing trip im glad to hear that you caught you some catfish, sounds like it was a productive day for you, glad to hear that you caught some and good luck from here on out, and hopefully you will be able to catch some more fish.

4. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Just got off the phone with two of the guys that went with me. They caught 5 flatheads and 1 channel today from 19 lbs to 3 lbs. They also lost 5 more, it is on! I had to work or I would have went.

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Where were you fishing Earl and when are you taking me? I keep catching sunburns. :crazy:

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Hey Earl! goof to hear from you.congrats on a good trip!

7. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I don't know when I will be going again probably friday with tkeyhunter. I'm fishin the big muddy in the murphysboro area. Talked to the two that fished yesterday, while ago. They have caught 5 so far today on cut skipjack the only one they managed to catch today. Said they cant get any hits on bluegill. I wish I was retired !!!!!
    :smile2:

8. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I finally get to tag along friday! Been so busy with work, two houses, 1 teenager, 3 dogs, and a "needing to be retired" husband, I have had no time to fish. That will all change Friday. Honey, tell the boys they will have to find someone else to guide for them cause the wife IS NOT SHARING TONTO this friday!

9. jeselder

jeselder New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey beth i guess you can have him this friday,lol. i'm taking shea tomorow

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know you are busy as heck bud...I am looking for a day we can hook up before the Gathering if you get a chance to go before then give me a shout I would love to come down and fish with ya once before then...

Look forward to hearing from you...

Paul

P.s.
    tell Bethann I will bring the drinks...LOL