Topwater Channel catfish (with pizza)

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by blindfly69, Jul 23, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well we fished all day with hotdogs and got nothin..then outta boredom i tossed a peice of pizza in the water...i thought the bluegills would crush it...but as it was driftin away a 10lb channel snatched it. so me and my cousin started fishing with unweighted pizza and were catching channels on top of the water from 5-10lbs all day long....lol...the weird thing is...nobody feeds them so idk why they came up top like that

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    LMAO! Whatever works for ya. I'd rather have pizza than hotdogs too. haha. Guess they felt the same.

-Red

3. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It is clearly a case of Italian catfish. If I did that around here someone would catch, and eat it before it hit water. Sounds like you had fun. Good fishin', Jack.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    They must have thought the pizza was big triangle bugs. Channles feed on the surface more than people realize. Try throwing stale bread sometime.

5. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    That's awesome!!!!!!!!

6. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    A guy was telling me that when he was a kid..must have been ott and 2 or 3...he was an aged man..hehehehe...but anyway he told me that they used to tie hooks all around a 1/4 rope and string it across the river right on top of the water...Channel feeding on top hits the hooks and his instinct is to lunge forward and sets the hook himself..thought that was rather strange...no bait at all..

Ofcourse lots of things were legal back in ott and 2....

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Everyone loves Pizza, guess that goes for catfish too. hehehe

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Catfish know good food when they see it.:lol:

9. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    One time i used beef jerky to catch catfish before, But pizza sounds even better. I guess they have good taste. lol

10. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Pizza huh! Well that makes sense! You must like anchovies on your pizza!

11. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I like the way you fish! When I go to the river I may have a can of viennies or stale chips. I am gonna start taking pizza!!!!!!!!!!!:tounge_out: