Topock and Colorado River

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by chaz9071, Aug 3, 2007.

1. chaz9071

chaz9071 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Has anyone else here fished Topock and/or the Colorado River
    between Davis Dam and Lake Havasu?

I've had lots of luck with Channel Cats in Topock using stink bait
    but haven't tried bluegills yet.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    chaz.... Welcome to the BOC ... Yea, Iv'e fished all of that..... Lots of time on the water out of 5 mile landing.... did not do so well in March ... little early, but have had good luck on Mackeral.... and other stink baits... did not use any gills for bait, but it sure would do the trick...

Done some camping out of Park Moaboi and golden shores marina, and and fished catfish paradise, and up at the north dyke...I guess that you know that it can get hot on topock. One time in Aug, a friend of mine was with me and he said that he would never go back.... the water temp was about 105 degrees, and you can find some deep water there.... but most of it is "very shallow" and no relief from the heat.

Launched my boat a davis dam, and have been from there all the way to parker dam......

Black Meadows landing is good camping and is in the lower part of the lake.... what infor can i give you.....

bayrunner ray

3. chaz9071

chaz9071 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Usually I go with my Father-In-Law on his boat, but I'm looking for some hot spots that are accessible by shore to take my 11 year old.

He does alright but he's not ready for Flathead fishing yet. Kids that age just don't have the patience yet.

Either Topock or the rest of the river.

4. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Try anchovies for stripers all over the river for action. My best luck for channels at topock has been off the south dike, its a hike though, just about anywhere from shore there is good, catfish paradise and north dike.

I dont think there are flatheads in topock or the river above Havasu, I dont know why there wouldnt be some, its all the same water, but Ive never seen one come from there.