Topo maps.

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by schoonie, Oct 23, 2007.

1. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Where can a guy find topographical maps for OKlahoma Rivers? Can't seem to find anything on the net.

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont think they are made for the rivers.
    catman george

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Good question, and Welcome to the BOC!!!

I'll deffinately be looking forward to the answer for this one!

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    your local county offices should have the topo maps there. I got them for the surrounding areas here in Waco.

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages. I know in OKC you can get them at Triangle A&E, located on the Broadway extension. And maps are for land areas. Now if a river runs through the area of land your looking at, I guess you can say you got a topo of the river too. LOL You may also check with your local Army National Guard unit... they may have some.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    here we are not allowed to give maps away from NG.
    Plus it is hard to find local ones unless you have training area close by

7. br7874884

br7874884 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    go on any web site like google earth. its sattelite images of just about everywhere. and you can also get topo maps on there. you kinda have to follow the river's with the mouse. i have found many places to fish with the sattelite maps. and fished several poonds that arent really known about. that was holding some pretty big bass. and a few deep holes on wewoka creek

8. Wiz199

Wiz199 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I haven't looked into it but you might be able to get some good river maps from G.R.D.A. or Oklahoma Lake Patrol

9. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks to each and all for your help. I've been unable to respond for a bit with PC probs, but all help is appreciated.

10. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I've found ponds the same way, only one problem, I have a hard time finding out who owns them to try and get permission, have any suggestions?? Also, how do you find deep holes in creeks/rivers with google earth?

11. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    What I like to do is go to map quest sat images b/c around me they have clearer pic that you can zoom closer in on. Plus I like to go to city hall and look at records of Flood Control ponds that the city has built and/or stocked because if they are recent then the land owner has to let any one fish it for so many years, I can't remember how many years because I haven't done it since I was in high school. People around me will have the city/wildlife department or who every it is build them a pond and stock it for free and the only thing the land owner has to do is let the game warden come in and check for fishing licenses. The land owner doesn't have to tell any one about where the pond is. So if he puts way out in the middle of his land then no one will know about it. Also they make a dirt/gravel road leading to it and a place to launch your boat. The land owner can put a gate up but he CAN NOT lock it until so many years has passed.