Topo Maps

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MattShannon, Nov 18, 2006.

1. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Are there any websites that offer free topo maps? I've checked out a few, but they either charge a fee for each map or a subscription. Appreciate any info.

2. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was looking fore one a few weeks back. Dunno really, just keep searching.

3. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Where do you need them for? I may be able to get my hands on some. let me know

4. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    State of WV unless you want me to be more specific, I can give you a list of counties. Thanks

5. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    give me city or town names

6. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Buckhannon/Rock Cave, Fairmont/Rivesville, Bridgeport. Thanks again

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I go to mytopo.com and set it up and then take screen prints of the area I need an arial map for. I buy the topo maps from them, but you can do the same with the topo's. IF when I do the arial maps, that 3 arial maps wouldnt equal 1 topo map, I'd buy it to. screen prints are convienient so after season when I scout out the areas by walking the trails I can sketch them onto the arial maps on site so I know where to go next season, where the funnels are, rub/scrape lines...ect. I love their topos and I think i paid $10 or $15 for mine, the arials are more expensive.

8. richard dunbar

State:
    Washington
    Sorry bro, the closest I can get to there is Central VA. Cant get nothin on WV. We gave it that good ole college try though.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I can understand your desires to not spend money for these maps. But, as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for...with that in mind, if you decide to purchase, check engineering firms in your area. They may have maps avaiable.. survey companys also. You can even run a check on ebay. LOL