Topo Map for my Lowrance LMS-332c

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by kaccat, Nov 2, 2005.

1. kaccat

kaccat New Member

State:
    Martinsville, VA
    I have a Lowrance LMS-332C and would like to load a topo map of the Santee Lakes into it. Does anyone have any advice they can give me on which one to use? I've seen posts on several (Navionics, MapCreate, etc.), but can't get enough detail to make a choice. The more detail it shows, the better. I have the PC setup to customize and load to the MMC/SD postage stamp size memory card.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Kaccat, Jim might be able to give you the best answer, since he knows a lot about Lowrance products. I have a Garmin gps with Fishing Hot Spots for the Santee Cooper Lakes, and also Americas Bluechart for salt water. If I'm not mistaken, Jim also uses Hot Spots for the Lakes. I think SFisher, recently bought a Lowrance with the MapCreate software, an email to him may help too.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    KACCAT I use the fishing hotspots map and am very well pleased with it.It has great detail and often I will key it up full screen so I can follow my drifts and see what struture is coming up.After a while you can just about tell when you are going to get bit based on the seasonal pattern and the structure.They are great for lining up drift lines over structure and most important to me they show the marked channel markers.I have navigated easily at night by just watching the channel markers come up on the screen.Used with the waypoint capabilty they allow you to get around easily.

4. kaccat

kaccat New Member

State:
    Martinsville, VA
    Thanks for the great info - I'll go with the Fishing Hot Spots.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I have navionics hotmaps premium and fishing hotspots elite and there both as good as the other.The good thing about hotspots is that it gives you a little info on certain spots.I dont know about anybody else but the marker bouys are about 50 yards off on both cards.So I cant go exactly with the marks on the map.The 332c is a good graph I had one on my old boat and I loved it.

6. kaccat

kaccat New Member

State:
    Martinsville, VA
    One last question - are they pretty accurate? I assume they are about the same as the paper maps, is that correct?

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I find them to be as accurate as the paper charts, the contour lines and depths are pretty much right on. I have found some of the channel markers to be off a little, though, as Chrisblue mentioned. Haven't had a chance to compare all of them. I think that may be because some of the information in these type charts may be dated prior to the government freeing up the gps satellite signals to give more accurate readings. It may be unique to the Garmin version of Hotspots. When I use the BlueChart version in saltwater, the buoy locations are right on the money.