Top This One For A Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ldw45, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois

Two California Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of the Marine Corps Air Station at Miramar . One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then turned off.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near the location.

Back at the CHP Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the USMC Base Commander. The reply came back in true USMC style:

~ ~ ~

Thank you for your letter. We can now complete the file on this incident.

You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.

Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.

Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot also suggests you cover your mouths when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech.

Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.

Thank you for your concern.

Semper Fi

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yep that is a hard one to top LOL

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's just plain Funny, Thanks Dean for the morning humor.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sgt. Johnson probably needed to change his pants after getting that report.Funny!!!!!.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Good one. And I bet they are sure happy to know there lucky to be alive LOL
    Pete

6. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I don't that couple who just got a ticket on the way to the emergency room ranks up there to.Can't stop a baby from coming.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I can't top that one. However, when riding with my son one day, he stopped an oncoming vehicle on a two lane road. As he passed the vehicle, he noticed the driver talking on a cell phone, and a wife and two children in the car. So, on went the lights, we popped a u-turn and headed off after the guy. He didn't notice us until the kid whooped the siren, then he politely signaled and pulled over on the shoulder. My son approached the drivers side and asked for his license and registration, and talked with the driver for few minutes. When he came back to the patrol car to write the ticket, he started laughing. Told me he just couldn't give the guy a ticket but was giving him a warning. Seems as though the young son in the back seat was unhappy and crying, yelling and having a general fit. So the driver acted as though he had called and was talking to "Barney" about how his son was acting. My son said that was the best excuse he had ever heard and just couldn't issue a citation. :smile2:

8. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow they have me beat. I once got a speeding ticket for going 23mph .

9. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    First time I was pulled over was for attempting to run a stop sign at a four lane highway.Got a warning out of it.

10. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    all i can say is OOH RAH! thats funny!!!:smile2:

11. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thats funny right thar! Thanks for the laugh!

12. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
  13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hope the pilot was wearing a seat belt and had insurance.

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I love reading something that puts a smile on my face!!:big_smile_2: