Top Sirloin For Bait?

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by Night Owl, May 31, 2007.

1. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    I Got Some Top Sirloin Beef Steaks in the freezer that are freezerburnt a bit so i thought i'll try them For Cats. Never heard of using them so i defrosted them and they are marinating in a ziploc bag all chopped up with some California style garlic salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. I tenderized them with a fork after the salt was added and i am heading out to try them soon....is this crazy or has it ever worked?....thanks Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier

2. irishpride42

irishpride42 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Never tried sirloin but like I have told others if they can smell it they will usually eat it lol

3. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    Sounds good enough for me to eat ! LOL G Luck

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Geoff keep us posted on the results. Souds like you prepared it well. Thanks.:lol::smile2:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Great; now the fish eat better than me. The only thing that would scare me more was someone posting a few times that over 55 year old bald guys (insert anatomy part), will guarantee a record Blue. Let us know Geoff.
    :lol:

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Slap them Puppies on the Grill and taste um First,and if there Good then the heck with the Cats.L.O.L. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

7. Night Owl

Night Owl New Member

State:
    Montana, (Billings)
    Well, Took the sirloin out there and didnt have any good luck, but perhaps its not not the bait i used but the location and presentation. I Gave Some Bait to a couple Chinamen who showed up as i was leaving and they were as exited as can be; they were using raw shrimp, and i got to thinking....Sometimes When My Wife and I Go Out to Eat she orders Steak & Shrimp, AND I TELL HER NO!! (Because we cant afford it at the time). Sooo I realized that i put my catfishing before my wife's needs.....that can't be good:) Perhaps I baby these cat's too much when Fish comes before my marriage. But my wife wont eat raw shrimp OR freezerburnt steak, so thats how i sleep at night, Thanks Guys for the replies.. Geoff (Night Owl) Cloutier.