Top 50

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Mike81, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
  2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It just showes to go ya what stick and ball players make.
    smokey

3. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    That's a shame. If Jr. and Jeff are the only two, it makes me wonder if NASCAR, the Team owners, and sponsors aren't paying the other's what they should be getting. I know Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, Mark Martin, and Jimmie Johnson are popular in my area. All of them except for Mark are in commercials all the time. So, why aint they in the top 50 too. Smokey, I'd say your right with your statement! Maybe alot of people, including SI, still don't consider them true "athletes" in a certain sense.? Before I forget, there is a Jeff and Jr. fan in my house. I hope no one takes my statement as rip on Jeff and Jr. I'm glad that at least someone is making money in NASCAR, other than NASCAR itself!

4. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    I believe this shows that most ath. are extreamly over paid!!!
    Nascar is probably more realistic on the pay scale.
    Payton M. just got a 50 M signing bonus. WHY!!!
    Yes Jr and Jeff are on the list but that is for a great part endorsements. On the other hand many on that list get signing bonuses and huge contracts before they performed and those contracts were upped when they performed as an individual. A Nascar driver starts in the minors and if he is good will make the big league some day and gets his eventual pay day by winning. The so called stick and ball player can shine on his own ability but the Nascar driver may show his talent but without the team will not get to the top. Jeff and Ray plus the team made Jeff! Michael Jordan made himself.

In Nascar the complete TEAM is what it takes to make a driver successful not just his talent. You pull out something in that like Ray E. and Jeff is struggling to win. From his past performance as a team Jeff gets the endorsements that makes him rich.

In other sports if you as an individual have the talent that will get your money. TEAM will get you to a championships for more money.
    In Nascar without the team, YOU will not be able to win and unless you win you don't get credit for your talent. Sam Hornish has talent as a Indy 500 winner and three tine IRL champ. Dario F. also an Indy 500 winner. An IRL championship then came to Nascar and failed because he was on a bad team. He now has won another IRL on a great team.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    An updated version came out the other day, Junior still the same, 11th, Gordon moved up a few into the teens I think? and Jimmie made it in the 50....