Top 25 STUPID things you've seen people do during the holidaze.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    OK, someone get this going. I have a few, but want to see your thoughts on this first.

:big_smile: :wink:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Cheryl

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    jump the curb/sidewalk at the mall with a car and nearly take out the pedestrian. that pedestrian was me in high school when mom took me to the mall on black friday. she pulled me out the way or id be in a chair

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went shopping today with my wife.
    Cell phone drivers. Cell phone shoppers.
    I aint going to get started on that. :wink:

What a mess. :tounge_out:

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Fighting to get the "IT" present
    Camping out to be first in the store
    Cussing out the store clerks/manager because 1500 people wanted the same thing and that store only had 10, like that is going to do any good.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Yes, men, those are good examples, but I was thinking more along the lines of "redneck" stupid. You know :tounge_out:

6. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    -Out early the day after Thanksgiving, I went, once...I'll think of some more and post...

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Jamie,
    Congratulations on learning that at a young age. Now is this the reason men wait until Christmas Eve, the very last minute procrastinators?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Cheryl

8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Saw two ladies get in a fist fight at Wal Mart last year over the last Xbox360.

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    OK, to me too many lights is tacky. It all gets conglomerated up somehow and ruins the very effect people are trying so hard to find. If it's ONE theme then it may work, but I've yet to see a ONE theme million+ light display.

Sorry, no offense meant to anyone, and these are solely my opinions. Just not something I want to see. Simple is better to me. Simplicity makes me serene, happy.

There is a house here that starts putting them up in Sept/Oct and it lights up that whole circle of the road, PLUS the other 2 subdivisions on the side and in back of it. WHEW! Course they may have grandkids or great grandkids and do it all for them. Or they haven't heard of an energy crisis or they love to spend $? Heck I don't know, just one of my pet peeves, I guess.

Just one of my ramblins again.
    Cheryl

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well while I'm rantin', I may as well continue.

20 decorated trees is just way overdoing it.

Heck I have enough crrrrrapppp to do that many plus some, but hey maybe I'm just lazy, OR I prefer to spend my time here or there, instead of unpacking, decorating, THEN undecorating, THEN repacking it. WHEW, that wore me out to just type it.

Get over it. It's just another day. Remember the real reason for the season.

Silently revel in the true meaning of Christmas. Count your blessings, not your trees and ornaments. :wink:

Take care.
    Cheryl

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Redneck stupid huh
    How about deep frying a turkey ON a wooden patio and burning down the house.

How about driving a tractor through the living because you were so drunk you thought it was the barn.

Are driving you car into yoour neighbors house thinking you were parking in your driveway.

And my favorite is "Santa Clause riding a bicylce nude through town because he decided he did not need his meds anymore.

All of those are true stories that I had the "joy" of dealing with while working in 911 EMS.

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Im with you Cheryl,

We got one part of a town that is inbetween two towns and the whole "fricking" area lights up the street for blocks... the streets get closed of to residents only.. except for a couple of streets, and then millions of people cruse through to see the lights... once is enough...bumper to bumper trafic.... "No Place to leave used Beer" or other needs....
    lights.... "do lights use energy" DaH? what a waste... I'm not saying "bah hum bug" but what a waste.

bayrunner ray

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    ALL RIGHT! finally, Benji gets it! I owe you rep!

The tractor one reminded me of a drunk that got a DUI/no license ticket for driving a riding mower on a public street....LMAO

14. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Nope...believe it or not Cheryl...when he waits that long, the guy is just trying to find the perfect gift, contrary to what women think. :big_smile_2: :haha:

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It would have to be startin a thread about it! LOL!:cool2:

I would expect this from "TEA"

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Now that won't fly with me.......LOL.........there's nothing left by then that isn't broken, missing a piece, wrong size, and just plain LEFTOVER. No thought goes into waiting until the last minute, only the rush of adrenaline to find SOMETHING, ANYTHING...........LOL.

Good luck.

I'm finished. :lol:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Cheryl

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    You might be redneck stupid during the holidaze if you are chosen BPOTM :crazy:

You might be redneck stupid during the holidaze if you bust your hoses and pipes trying to make an ice scene for your party.

You might be redneck stupid if you think limes are olives in Margaritas.

:waaaht: :oops: :oops: :oops: :0a36:

18. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    No Cheryl, THAT won't fly with me. Many times I have found the perfect gift on Christmas eve. Not boken, not missing a piece, not the wrong size.
    Now granted, I try to do my shopping long before the last minute because I can't stand dealing with the idiots who are rushing around like chickens with their heads cut off.
    Example, 1 year, I looked for 2 months to find the perfect ring for Vanessa before we got married. Found it Christmas eve at noon. I had been in that store 10 times in the past 2 months lookin for rings, never found it until then.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, I can't think of a thing to add to your thread. I don't see any of the shopping crowd here in front of the computer. :wink: Betty ordered most everything online. What local shopping has been done she does it. We do go out to eat and have to fight the shopping traffic... the malls parking lots look like a mess.

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    We had shopped for our kid, toys mainly and when I turned around to push my buggy, I realized someone was 'shopping' out of my buggy!!! I took back what they saw fit to take and they looked at me like I had done something wrong, as if how could I do such a thing!!! I didnt say anything....didnt have too..^#!&@ wal-mart shopper :waaaht:

Come to find out someone had done the same thing with my Mom, they had got my brother a game that was hard to find and someone swapped it from their buggy before they got to checkout!