Top 10 QB in the NFL

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I saw this article and wanted to see your reaction to it. I have a question
    :confused2: If the team has a loosing record, can the QB still make the list? isn't part of being a top QB to direct the team to victory? I see a few names there that belong to guys in loosing teams; just food for thought.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8948774/Top-10-quarterbacks-in-the-NFL

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I don't see Big Ben on that list! :crazy: I would take him anyday over half the names on that list. Passing for a zillion yards don't necessarily add up to a Superbowl win, just ask Dan Marino! :wink:

3. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that is what I am talking about, what good does it do to have good stats if your team is not winning?!?!?!

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I did see Brett Favre on there:wink: J e t s Jets jets jets jets!!!!!!!!!

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Chad Pennington is better than Aaron Rodgers.

6. bklinds

bklinds New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't agree with that list. Certain QB's on there yes deserve to be there, but others on the list shouldn't. Matt Ryan??? He is a rookie, give him a couple of season's. Aaron Rodgers, um aren't the Pack loosing that division badly in his first year?

Now fellow Dallas Fans don't take this the wrong way, but as a Dallas fan I will say this Romo should not be on that list until he can prove that he will not choke under preassure. Pittsburgh, how many picks did he have?? Had Dallas won that game they would be clinching this week with a win.

Where is Big Ben, despite not being a traditionally great QB stats wise like great QB's of the past aka Aikman, Montana, Young, he tends to be able to get it done when it counts.

WHere is Brady despite being out this time can anyone really despute his spot in the hall of fame is already reserved?

I think the list could be improved.

7. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    Don't compare Marino to Big Ben. Ben won the Super Bowl with a great team around him. I do agree Big Ben deserves to be on the list more than some other guys...

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I was not comparing Ben to Marino. My quote was that passing for a zillion yards doesn't mean you will win the Super Bowl! I used Marino as proof. Ben is a totally different type QB than Marino and the Steelers play a different style ball than those Dolphin teams.

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    to be honest,there are a lot of good qb's with loosing records.just because the teams are not good don't mean they shouldn't be recognized.look at carson palmer,he is a very good qb,but the team around him makes him look like crap,the dreaded bengals curse is what i call it.

manning gets all the recognition he does because hes a good quarterback with a team to put him out there in front.if palmer had his team,it would be palmer getting the recognition,so i think even qb;s with losing records should be recognized.

steelers are my team,but big ben imo is still not playing the game he should be right now.but,i do agree,he is better than some on the list,though.

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Big Ben is getting better and better at game winning drives and I expect another Lombardi trophy to find a home at Heinz Field , maybe this year !!!!!

GO STEELERS !!!!!!

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Romo #4, good decision.

12. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Tom Brady #1..............Go Blue!!

13. ozzy