Took the roof off the Blunt

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The aluminum was not holding up well. I am now planning on getting some thin one inch or so flat bar and having them bent into hoops to make another enclosure. The Blunt should look like a Conestoga wagon before long!! :wink: Also removed the deep freezer live well so we can fish Blewitt Falls tomorrow comfortably. Then, it will go back on for the Winyah Bay tourney the 2nd. Happy Holidays to all my friends!!

Bill in SC

2. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Summer gets here a few Palm leaves for the roof will be the ticket...

3. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Bill my Sea Nymph has a full encloser and i hardly ever use it. If it rains during the Jan tournament i think it will have to go on. Its nice, i should use it more often. Lazy i guess:smile2:

4. skiff1

skiff1 New Member

State:
    south caro
    bill, you should over lay them bars with cedar shingles that would give you a unique look and would last forever:cool2:

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Bill,
    Your aluminum tubing will work if you use rubber isolation pads to mount it to your railing. This will isolate it from the flexing and keep it from breaking up so bad. We use this technique in industry a lot. In fact, I have seen where we cut the aluminum uprights and put rubber hose between the 2 pieces with hose clamps holding it together. It might be worth a try before investing in a lot of flatbar.

Steve

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the enclosures are nice this time of year bill just buy a jd cad to put on it