Took the kids fishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GatorT, Oct 3, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    There is Swine Flu in my house (the wife and my middle son), so you couldn't get a better excuse to go fishing.

I'd been trying the nursing thing, but the wife said that she could take care of herself and our middle son if I could take care of the baby and the oldest. Being as we're quarantined, and we can't be around anybody, we hit the lake. Won't be spreading it there! And, if we do, we'd have to change it from "Swine Flu" to "Fish Flu," cause we smacked a few cats with it today.

15 total, biggest one 18.5 pounds, and that is my oldest boy, Sidney's, personal best.

I turned my youngest son, Granger, into a catsmacker today, too. He caught three. His very first three! On white perch and bream. And he got a kick out of smacking them - he thought that was funny.

Here are a couple pics of the day.

Attached Files:

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Here are a few more pics of the trip.

Attached Files:

3. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Glad yall had a good trip. I know it sure must have been nice to get out of the house with all that going on there. Hope your wife and son get to feeling better soon.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Ronnie, looks like the boys took you fishing:smile2::smile2: Thanx for sharing and from the smiles I'd say a good time was had by all. Stay safe and keep 'em sticking pigs!!!:wink:

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Thanks for sharing , looks like you got a couple of new fishing buddies for life.Hope everyone gets over the flu.I went fishing today and the state dock marina was closed with a sign on the doors because of the flu.So I guess its everywhere now.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good job Gator,Thanks for the report and post.Looks like they gonna know Big Stuff before too long.:wink:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Looks ya'll had a blast for sure. Congrats to the young fellers on Pb's and first fish. Its big fun sharing the day with the kids...we did the same thing today also ; )

Thanks for the story and pics...lookin good.

-Jim-

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Way to go Gator, wished i had went back to Wateree Sat instead of Monty. We caught some eaters but they droped the water and we had to use the boat ramp in the cove. Kids will bring you blessings (some call it luck):big_smile:

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the fine catch. Glad ya were able to go fishing and let the boys put the spankin on'em.:wink:

10. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Great job Gator. Glad the little ones got a hold of em. Prayers sent for the family. That swine flu is nasty.

Steve

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Gator man! It's a good thing to take them young'uns catsmackin! Keep it up!

12. MOOSEMAN1955

MOOSEMAN1955 Well-Known Member

State:
    SOUTH DAKOTA
    Always love to here when kids go fishing and have a great day.

KIDS WHO HUNT, FISH, AND TRAP DONT MUG LITTLE OLD LADIES!!!!!!

13. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Great job Ronnie.I know yall had a blast.A friend and I carried a young man from church fishing saturday also.

14. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    GatorT, That looks like fun for sure! It's gonna be a real BIG time when we get all our little catsmackers together for a trip!:eek:oooh: I hope everyone is feeling better, let me know if I can help out. Those boys have a great treasure in you as a father, cherish it brother!

Now I do have a few other things to say,or mention. First, I love the flower motif on your boat furniture!:smile2: Secondly, I will say it for Bill since he is such a nice guy and would never want to hurt your feelings,........ you SANDBAGGER!!! :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think you have been hanging around Sunbird toooooooo long cause you kinda starting to look like him.:wink::wink::wink::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

16. MMloy

MMloy New Member

State:
    NC
    Hate to hear your family is ill...hope they get better soon and hopefully you and the boys will not get it...but it was nice to see the future of catfishermen....way to go boys!!!!! Gotta get my girl out there soon...she keeps asking when she can go to Santee.

Get well soon and Happy Fishing.

17. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Ronnie soundss like you an the kids had a great day on the water ,hope the sick ones at home get well quick .

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just saw this post! Way to go, guys! Looks like a great time had by all! I don't care what Sunbird says, I still love ya!! :wink::smile2::wink:

BB in SC

19. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  20. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Man! Now that my son has gone to college I get tears and goosebumps when i read about young ones fishing. The memories! They last forever expecially when kids are there. those were some good lookn' cats! Bet the fun and giggles alone were a blast. Now as far as the mom home sick, bet she will hear this story over and over again about them cats for years tooo come.