Took son fishin tonight

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Little Mac, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I took my middle son (21 y/o) out with me tonight , launched from Lee creek an ran up river. No real current to speak of and very windy when the wind should have layed. I personally did not do well, I caught two under 3lb blues, but my son put it on the ole man, He caught 4 or 5 and 2 was over 7lbs. he was pretty well puttin it to me most of the night. We had a good time regardless. Gave up around midnight an headed home. Its tough fishin with no flow thats for sure. did not get to take any pictures as I forgot my phone, camera and forgot to put the card in the GPS unit that also takes pics. At least we did catch something an did not waist precious bait. :smile2:

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    congrats to you and your son. Thats what fishing is all about right there.

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Hey Mac anytime we get to go fishing with our kids has to be a good trip!! Sounds like a good time to me.

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    even if ya don't catch a thing it's always good to get out there

5. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    mabey that means the fish are over there case of lock jaw!!!!! sounds like yal had fun!!!!

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    You can take me again, DAD!:wink:

7. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    What a great post! Together with family again, and catfishing. Ahhhh. Best feeling there is.:big_smile:This old loner needs some of that too. Makes me miss my boys. Again. Great post.:wink:

8. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks for the post Jim, and for taking your son fishing I am sure he appriciates your efforts, i sure miss fishing with my Dad as those were some of my best memories of me childhood.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    DAD!!!!!! LMAO. I aint old enough to be yer daddy,,,,, but now , the other way around would work. :smile2:

10. P-Collins

P-Collins New Member

State:
    conway ark
    me , tops, and video guy too my kids out fishing yesterday and all we caught was turtles, i caught one and the kids caught them one:crazy:

11. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    you in the wrong spot P. but its good ya'll take yer kids fishin, best thing for a kid far as im concerned.