Took some family out fishing....

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by RIVER-RAT, Aug 9, 2009.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    My brother and cousin flew in from out of town to do some Mississippi catfishing with me this last week. We fished Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I played guide and didn't touch a pole other than to cast one out for them when we were fishing heavy fast current and there was a 16oz weight on there! :wink:

They caught A LOT of fish, but couldn't break the 30 pound mark for some reason, seems that was the norm yesterday too!

Anyways, I think they had a good time and they said they're gonna come back because they had been bitten by the "bug"!! :smile2::smile2:

Just some random pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Let me guess which one is your brother! LOL
    Nice pics congrats on the fish. I think one of the most enjoyable things about fishing for these fish is getting a new person hooked up with one and their reaction. Priceless!!!

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Bill now that's called family fishing for sure. Awful nice looking pic's. Some good cats there for sure. Thanks for the post.

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    awesome! sometimes its fun playing the guide and seeing people who are new to it react to some decent sized fish. nice job.

5. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Glad you had a good trip.It's always fun watching the looks on their faces when people get the bug.

6. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Way to go Rat....... Now you ain't gonna be able to sleep because those guys are gonna b blowing your phone on the hook wanting to do more sippi fishing

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Nothin like quality time with people you care about. Good deal Bill.

8. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    it looks like u had a good time bill:big_smile:

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congrats on a nice trip. It is nice to sit back and watch people reel in nice fish sometimes.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Glad you guys were able to find some fish Bill. Thanks for sharing the story and the photos.

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rat ssounds like yall hag a great few days together .Caught fish an got to spend time with the family ,how much better can it get than that .:wink::smile2:

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats on putting them on some fish Bill. Seems you never have problems catching bait when you are throwing the net or when it's not a tournament day? :smile2:

It was a lot of fun fishing by you guys Monday night. I would say those guys are about as easy going as it gets. You all sure did keep your brother on his toes though. You gonna catch that fish?:smile2:

13. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good deal Rat, thanks for sharing. The pictures with the arch in the background are great and I'm sure your visitors will be showing them off to their buddies back home.