Took Ole'Vern catfishing today........

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by HOLD-ACCOUNT, May 14, 2008.

1. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Took Ole' Vern catfishing today!

I went catfishing today with a good friend of mine Jerry Kropff. Jerry's life long catfishing partner Vern was along to supervise Jerry and I. Vern told us that if we kept up the good work, that maybe we could go by ourselves sometime soon!!!:eek:oooh:

[​IMG]

We were using the SECRET 7 catfish bait and the DEAD RED Dip Tubes. We landed 41 nice channels and blues up to 8 lbs. Ole Vern did most of the catching, but while he was busy reeling one in, I grabbd the rod that had the largest channel cat of the day!:smile2:

[​IMG]

It was good to see the old friends catfishing together again. Vern has slowed down some and I know Jerry misses his company. Anyway we had fun and the SECRET 7 hammered them.......:wink:

[​IMG]

2. TccaAl

TccaAl New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What river is that you are fishing? Looks like a really good area to fish. Lots of rocks.

3. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Spavinaw creek in N.E. Oklahoma.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on some nice Channels.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your trip and pics. Enjoyed.

6. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    congrads looks like some good cats.nice water for cats as well.thanks for sharing with us..

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks for the post jeff,You know I have tried all kinds of dip bait and never had much success before,But I have bought some of your hooks and sinker slides and they are SUPER, So I will be ordering some of your dip and I also will be trying some of your Dead Red J.D.