Took my walker out tonight

Discussion in 'Hunting Dogs Talk' started by jlingle, Sep 9, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    My poor walker must've thought I'd forgotten all about him. I haven't had him out since March. The last 5 or 6 times I took him out, I brought home poison ivy. No exaggeration there. The doctor bills were mounting, so I parked my coondog for a while.

Anyway, I took him out tonight and it was like he never missed a beat. On the first turnout, he treed within about 2 minutes. 3 coons in that tree. On the second turnout he and the other 2 blue dogs never struck. 3rd turnout they struck right away and trailed for over an hour and finally treed with the meat. I didn't make that tree so I don't know how many coons they had that time. I'd driven around the mile section to see if I could get to the dogs from a different direction.

Anyway, I'm pretty darn pleased with the way ol' Kiddo did tonight. He's a much better coondog than I'm a handler, I know that for sure.

2. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    its good to hear some ones got to go out. ive been wanting to take out my bluetick but havent got to yet. she has been wanting some attention, barking all night

3. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    It's getting close...... I'm ready to turn'em loose.:big_smile: