Took my son squirrel hunting.

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Nightprowler, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well me and my son went out this afternoon for a few hours.I was using a 22 rifle and he was using a 20ga. shotgun.We were doing a little still hunting trying to locate some.We found 3 gray's cutting on hickory nuts and we dispatched them or should I say my son dipatched them.We located a couple more but they were to high up in the oaks,we could hear them cutting but could'nt locate them. I really enjoy getting out with my son,it's nice to get out with him and share some memories.Check out his picture,He got his 3rd squirrel after this picture.

Attached Files:

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Ain't IT A Proud Feeling When Your Kids Like To Tag Along With Dad And Share An Experience Of A Life Time.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on a good evening out.Thanks for sharing with us!

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Looks like you both had a good time! Your a good Dad!

5. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Mike;
    Your a GOOD Man! :smile2: Reading your post, seeing your photo, brought back some very, VERY, GOOD memories for me too! Except mine were with My Late Father when I was the child, then later on, with My Own Girl-child [she got her first squirrel when she was 9 with her very own .22 and NO body was more PROUD of her than ME!] I hope your Son cherishes those times together with you as much as you cherish them with him!!
    I have found in life that it's often something as simple as this that makes such a profound positive difference in our youngsters later on in life! It may not be logical, but I've found it to be TRUE Much More Often than not!
    "Thank You" for sharing the story and the photo!:smile2: I hope you two have many, MANY, more occasions such as this one!
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Hey John, I'm Glad To Hear That You Take Your Son Squirrel Hunting, When I Was Nine My Dad Started Taking Me Squirrel Hunting, It's One Of My Fondest Memories Of Time Spent With My Dad, I Couldn't Wait For My Dad To Get Home From Work So We Could Go Hunt. My Grandfather Got Me A 410 Pump Shotgun For Christmas One Year And That Is What I Used. I'm Sure Your Son Is Excited To Hunt With You As I Was With My Dad.

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Glad ya spent time with your son , reps to ya.

8. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dude! thats a great pic of Travis! i need a pic like that of me but with about 20 Dink flatties:big_smile:

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Mike, Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I also thought that was a top notch picture.

st

10. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    That's awesome takin' your son out huntin' like that. Rep to ya!

-Red

11. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the great hunting!!