Took my father fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by fat_fish55, Jun 18, 2006.

1. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well i took my dad out in my boat today only about the second time hes ever been in it.
    he cought his first flathead catfish ever at the age of 45 (i think thats how old he is)
    only about 1.5 pounds but he was still happy. he was using worms so the whole time hes reeling it in i was telling him it was just a drum :)
    only fish cought this morning
    i let him outfish me as a fathers day present
    its in the smoker now never tried smoked catfish
    happy fathers day everyone

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Congrats on getting your father out thats an awesome fathers day present.

3. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Sounds like a real good Fathers day present to your DAD.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats to your dad on his catch. Congrats to you for being a great son, I am sure he will remember this for the rest of his life. Great way to make great memories brother.

5. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    KC you did real good! As you can tell the first time can never be repeated. I'm sure your dad enjoyed his fishing trip. Made all the more special by you making sure he got that first flathead under his belt. Next time both of you will have to see who catches the biggest.
    Don

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    as of late me and my dad have got to do alot of fishing together trying to make up with years gone by and to tell ya the trurth i'd much rather fish with him then i had anybody:wink:

7. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats cool that u 2 got to go fishin, me and my dad went fishin too. we always go early mornin bass fishin after we reel in out catfish poles for over night.

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Thats a nice thing to do for your Dad on Fathers Day. :smile2:

9. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    That was a really nice thing for you to do for Fathers Day. A trip both he and you will remember for a lifetime.