Took my daughters out Saturday night

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by tallbump, Jul 9, 2007.

1. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    So, this past Saturday I took my two daughters out fishing at the same pond I have been taking them to.
    Briefly, I just started fishing this year, I haven;t dished since like I was 13-15. Anyways, figured it would be cool to do with my daughters. I figured I'd go for cats and just let them have fun with the Gills and what not.
    Anyway, we have been out 5 times, my 8 yr old only 2 of those.
    So far, I caught one Gill one my 3 year old's Disney Princess pole, and my wife caught one on that pole too. Well, this time was my 8 yr old's turn. She caught 2 nice Gills, both at least twice the size of the one I caught.:0a13: And she did it on her own, all I did was bait the hook. :smile2:
    Here's a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Brian thats what it's all about seeing the smiles on there face when they catch a fish bigger than dad's:wink:

3. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thats what colby does to me all the time!!!! Thanks for sharing!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats on taking your daughters fishing, something they will remember forever.

5. fordman49450

fordman49450 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I think it's great to teach kids how to fish, my dad took me. I wish i could do more fishing with him, but he passed away last june from cancer at 49 years old. Unfortunately my wife has some medical problems so I wont be able to have kids biologically. however I have a friend who's married with 2 kids. he's a city boy who doesnt like to fish or hunt, I'm going to take his boy out fishing next year when he's older. I cant wait. if kids had more stuff like this to do, there would be a better society

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH YEA! Thats what I'm talkin about!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip with the daughter. Her smiling in the picture says it all. Precious memories that last.:smile2:

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for sharing the pics Brian, thats lifes good stuff. reps to you

9. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry to hear about your family situation. It's great what you plan to do with your friend's son.
    Have you thought about looking into big brothers? I had one for a few years, it was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. He took me out skeet shooting, which was a blast for this city boy. Think about it, it's a great organization.

10. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some of my fondest memories are gill fishing with my kids and other kids. I still have a young man call me on holidays and thank me for taking him fishing. He is a fanatic now!! You will never regret taking your girls fishing!!! Thanks for sharing brought back memories!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

11. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Glad I ws able to spark some good memories. Hoping to create some ggod ones of my own for me and the kids.

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Man, things like this really make me feel good.:003: Sometimes I just like to kick back and watch my sons catch Bluegills.:0010::0010::0a23:

13. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congratulations to you and the girls!