took a kid fishing

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by willcat, Nov 5, 2007.

1. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    actually i took 5 kids out last night! Me & my stepson were going to calaveras fishin & saw some of my nephews "fishing" for crawdads in a local creek. So i took them home & asked their mother if they could go w/us, well she said yes so we grabbed some more life jackets & headed for the lake. We caught some small channels as they were hard to find, fired up the grille cooked some burgers & sausage & had a good ole time. Toughest thing was keppin them interested as we werent catching a whole lot of fish but we all had a good time anyway!!!!

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Great post man its always good to hear a fishing report like that :big_smile:

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks guys, i'll never forget the look on their faces when the boat took off!!!!! We got there & they were saying "man it looks like the ocean, it's so big",----- the lake isn't really that big!!!!! But when the boat took off, boy their eyes opened wide, they could'nt believe they were on a boat, none of them had ever been out on the lake in a boat!! i'm gonna take them again soon, i had a blast, as did they.