Took a kid fishing...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, May 28, 2009.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I took my son and a neighbor kid out fishing today on the upper LOZ, it was his friend's first time fishing for catfish. We didn't catch anything to brag about, but you'd never know it by the smile on their faces. it ook all day and quite a lot of work on the guide's part, but we managed to boat around 15 or 20 little blues and kept 6 of them for the dinner table. At least the weather was nice and it was mostly peaceful before the weekenders show up again...

Had a great time and I'm sure the neighbor kid will be back soon begging to go again...

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Marty those sure are some BIG smile's on there face's, Your son's friend will be Dreaming about catching the big one tonite.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Marty by looking at the smiles on those boys faces looks like your son an his freind had a great time ,also looks like u hooked another kid on catfishn ,congrads to you :cool2:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    nicely done (LOL) my 6 yr old been kickin the snot out of me and I am pose to be a catter(LOL) ya gotta love it:roll_eyes:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Maybe nothing you or I would brag about, but remember that is his 1st, and from the looks on them faces it says it all, Congrats for taking them out! I think I have more fun through out the year fishing with my 10 year old daughter and what ever friend of hers that goes at the time, then I ever do while hunting the hogs.....:big_smile:

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Awesome pictures Marty:big_smile:

7. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Marty, you did good:big_smile: that little boy w ill never forget that trip and I'll bet you won't for a while either:wink:

8. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice job Marty. I have alot of respect for a person that takes the time to take a young person out hunting or fishing. Not only the time but the patience that goes along with it.

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Those boys look like they had a great time. It is great to take a kid fishing for the first time.

Tom

10. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    very nice job guys Keep up the good work

11. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I saw you out there Marty, I was anchored just down from White Branch when you guys went by headed upstream. Glad you guys got on some fish and the kids had a good time! I had a 15 year old with me that was having a blast, hard to beat watching a kid catching fish! I dig the "cool" sunglasses. Chris

12. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    That a good time aint it? Love to see the face of a first timer light up!