Took a butt whupping on the Ohio River last night!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Sunburn, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    Fished from aboiut 17:30 till around 23:00 and never got a bite. Was fishing from my boat with a buddy of mine. Fished on the Willow Island Pool. We were using live bait with both slip bobber rigs and bottom rigs. NOTHING! Nat a single bite. Water temp was 83* and next to no current at all. Fished log jams at the heads of islands, Stump fields at the tail end of islands and any brush piles we could find. Any ideas guys?? Thanks for your time.

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think we need a good rain. Its been a long time without it.

3. Desode

Desode New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Some more rain would help, because there isn't much current right now and I always have better luck when there is more current. Just remember the fall bite is on its way. We just need some rain and that water temp to go down.
    Matt , AKA DESODE

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man in my experience this summer they havent hit live bait for crap....Been taking all of our fish on fresh cut shad and a few on frozen skips. Caught 1 fish this summer on live and thats it. Try some cut bait.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's been a hard summer for fishing this year again. When the fish do start biting it seems to me it last for 3-5 days then they turn back back off. I've made every excuse to why their not bting an all of them were logical reasons. Now I'm just waiting on that few days that they bite! Enjoy everyone I think this weekend is gonna be a good one!

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fresh cut shad has worked better for me than anything else this year too.Although i havent done much good on the ohio since winter this year.:confused2:

7. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    same here gentlemen....I fished the past 3 nights on the ohio, The greenup dam and the rail road bridge where brush creek comes out of and nothing no hits nothing......Threw everything but the kitchen sink

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    As soooon as we get a good rain I'm hitting the big river for 3 days!!!!

Rrrrrr.....
    :embarassed: