Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with all the heavy rains along the Ohio Valley the Ohio River will be unfishable for at least the next week. Once again my plans for getting some catfishing on the river have been shot. It now looks like if the temperature I will be fishing some small local fishing lakes. I just hope they did not get too muddy from all the rain.
For bait it looks like chicken liver, seasoned hot dogs and night crawlers. I will also try to get some creek chubs when the creek clears up. I am desperate for catching some catfish!

http://cincinnaticatfishing.com

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
We have had quite a bit of rain here in southeast Texas. I'm trying to decide right now if I want to cut grass because it will look exactly the same in two days LMAO but oh well I need some excersice

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
3-1/2 inches so far just south west of Indy. Should stop in an hour but expect more tomorrow. Not super heavy but steady all day. This should flush the rivers out.

Reactions: 4X4Dad

·
Registered
461 Posts
Off and on rain here made it hard to even get mowing done. Mo River Omaha Friday entered action stage (3.5ft below minor flooding) but rain finally quit so now on slow downward trend and no rain for next 10 days. Liking it...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well with all the heavy rains along the Ohio Valley the Ohio River will be unfishable for at least the next week. Once again my plans for getting some catfishing on the river have been shot. It now looks like if the temperature I will be fishing some small local fishing lakes. I just hope they did not get too muddy from all the rain.
For bait it looks like chicken liver, seasoned hot dogs and night crawlers. I will also try to get some creek chubs when the creek clears up. I am desperate for catching some catfish!

http://cincinnaticatfishing.com
I'm about 3 hours east of you nlcatfish . Same here . Steady drizzle for the past 30 hours . I was hoping the river would be fishable by the weekend . I'm just worried about the debri floating around . Going to have to keep an eye out for logs . Good news is this should turn the late summer catfish bite back on .

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Skeeters are terrible where I live
Even after I cut the grass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.