Too much rain in Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Chief, May 30, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i havnt got to fish in over a month due to the fact that as soon as it starts to get dry enough to get to my spot and the river finally gets stable that we get a crap load of rain and the process starts all over...:ah: anyone else part of this vicious cycle?

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I wish ....here our lakes are down 9 feet we could use some of that rain bro.

3. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well what do you know, the day i plan to fish it pours down rain half the day.....:crazy: more coming too!

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As you can imagine, rain is not a problem for us out here in Az. It is hot as hades though!!!

5. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    It poured wed. Had a tornado go over town then poured more!
    Bill

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    why dont you guys like high water? i dont usually go unless we have had a good rain to raise the water. i can really load the camera(not the boat lol) when they are consentrated in predictable spots! when the water is at normal pool they are scattered out and i dont catch as many. maybe we can learn from each other,eh.

7. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    tough to bank fish during high water. very muddy, heavy swift current

8. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thats the best time to fish!! A little harder but it can be worth it. Big sinkers and good strong rod holders is all you need to handle the current. Just look for slack water along the banks.

9. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    river scum & I will take all the rain we can get. Its just tough fishing when "we" got normal water flow. Hard to reach the honey holes by boat & fish are scattered out.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I Bank fish mstly and high water is not good for me, been a bad spring so far.

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I too am a bank fisherman, and a lot of the time, a wading fisherman, so normal water levels are ideal for me. Never caught a flathead during high water cause I can't get to my dang spots when the water is up. But, I do have a couple of spots that are perfect for channels when the water is up. I've pulled my best channels out of these spots when the water is up, several in the 10-12lb range. So atleast I've got something to catch during high water.

12. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Ive never really had much luck when the rivers look like the chocolate milk river from willy wonkas chocolate factory.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was at the white river saturday night and 5 oz sinkers just rooled down the stream. to much da&* water. Banks were muddy almost got the truck stuck. Had one good hit . No hook up I have not learned the trick to circle hooks yet. I am going back to wide gap worm hooks.
    Rain rain go away,
    Come back another day.

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My buddy fish the Ohio River down in rising sun Indiana on Sunday and said he caught about 15 fish, so he said he thought the rain helped, they were only letting 30 ft of water through the damn, i think 27 or 28 is about normal

15. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I also do alot of bank fishing & I prefer high water levels. Will take all I can get....

16. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    idrove by the river the day before yesterday and i could see some sandbars so i figured yes! i can finally get back to my spot. so yesterday rolls around and i load the truck up go and catch some bluegill and head down to the river, i get there and its spilled over the banks into the trees..:crazy: i was just wondering if there had been alot of rain up north by logansport and huntington and so forth. i was also wondering if they have the dam open at salamonie and thats why the river went up so quick. damn river....grrr