Too many commercials

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by smokey, Sep 5, 2006.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    the race last sunday lasted 244 mins. In that time they had 73 mins of commercials! I71 mins of race.Heck I would rather pay 5 bucks to watch all of the race and miss the commercials. BTW they had 151 commercials.what do the rest of you folk think? smokey

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Nascar is one GIANT commercial!!!!!! surprised You even noticed the cut away from the race!!!!

3. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I hate commercials period. I wish I could pay extra on my cable bill and not have to watch them.

4. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    They don't bother me too much because they play them when there really isn't anything going on....and if something big happens they come back from the commercial. They get annoying sometimes but you have to have a time to go take a leak from drinking too many beers. LOL

5. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Commercials don't bother me too bad. They give me time to go to the restroom, fix another snack, refresh my iced tea, ask my wife what she wants. (cause she has been hollering for the past 30 min.) lol.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I agree they play too many commercials. The worst thing is they play the same ones over and over. Some of the commercials are actually pretty darn funny but after seeing them a hundred times its like " not this one again"!

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Its all about money. I checked one program a while back. A half hour program had 14 min. of commercials.

8. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lol they need to advertise to the hotest market in town what would u exspect

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Shoot the commercials and wrecks are why watch the race, otherwise its just guys going in circles.

10. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    its gettin ridiculous! i grew up with only 3 channels 1 was fuzzy, and there always seemed like somethin good to watch. now i have like 200 channels and cant hardly find anything good on. when you do find something worthwhile, its loaded with commercials. hell, some commercials even have their own 30 minute shows now! im a late night tv watcher and it really angers me to surf through the channels at 2 am to find mostly paid programs instead of real shows! pretty soon we will have 50 minutes of commercials per 10 minutes of show! oh! and the volume! The fcc used to regulate the volume that the commercials could have but now since the commercials are allowed to blare much louder than the program, i guess the fcc is just another one of those bought n paid for government agencies!
    Oh and please dont get me started on the senseless censoring!

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Sponsors pay for that air time and it sure isn't cheap. NASCAR is one of the hottest sports events going unless it's the super bowl or the world series. Don't know how much NASCAR gets from the networks or the sponsors but someone is sure making lots of green from it. I do know Coke pays so much just for the drivers to be seen on t.v. drinking a Coke. Pepsi probably does the same. And did you ever notice the winning driver changing hats during interviews? Got to get their sponsors air time in too. Money talks and the sponsors will do just about anything in their commercials do get your attention whether you buy the product or not. But somewhere down the line, you'll remember that commercial.

One I remember my neices going around singing when they were just little girls was Libby Libby Libby on the table table table and the good old Oscar Mayer bologna song. It's a good marketing ploy and has been proven to work. Just like kids wanting a certain cereal. It's not for the cereal, it's for that piece of plastic toy inside the box. I don't know how many people go out and buy insurance just because some Gecko lizard says to, but if they happen to be shopping for insurance, it make the insurance company's name easy to remember and they'll ultimately check it out.

Nuff said...I'm outta here.

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree that sponcers need their money but it seems they go on and on and....
    Bill

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    the one thing that i really hate is watching the race under green flag conditions, then break for a commercial, only to return to see that everyone is pitting under caution. Sure there will be a replay of what happened but its just not the same.