Too many catfish removed from Silverbell lake in Arizona

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by silverbell, Mar 27, 2006.

1. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    The hear say from several fisherman is that someone removed 50 catfish from the lake in a day in a half. This person was asking people to come to his house to get some of the fish because he did not want to clean them all. I heard this from several people who were not associated with each other. I sure hope this is not true. If it is and you fish Silverbell and run into this guy get his plate number and turn it into to AZGFD. People like this should be punished:crying:

2. dadcheek

dadcheek New Member

State:
    Tempe, Az
    It is a waste for people to do that!!!! Isaw a guy at Kwianis a couple years ago that kept going to his car and putting fish in a cooler. He had no lic plate on the car and when i reminded him of the limit he became very mad and told me to mind my own bussiness. I let him know it was my bussiness and called the police on my cell but he was gone before they got there. I never saw him again.

3. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    I was back down at silverbell today and sure enough this guy starts bragging about how he spent 18 hours at the lake on Friday and pulled out 50 catfish. The only thing I will say is that I belive him that he spent that many hours at the lake. He was shirtless and had the same color skin as a lobster.

Now as to how many fish he pulled out.....HMMMM? He told me that the AZGFD dumped 1700 catfish into the lake. I dont belive that at all. So do I belive he pulled 50 fish out and kept them? Probably not. I think all that sun dried out his brain and he is just whipping up random numbers. I still wrote down his plate number and will keep an eye on him when I see him.

4. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    Gee I sure hope he doesnt know about this site:confused:

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I hope he does! That could get fun in a hurry.LOL

6. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    Maybe for you but not for me. LOL

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol..i just wonder if he used a gaff on them:)

8. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Rip, up at it again. (chuckle).

Silverbell, lots of people catfish in this world. I know...... I wonder if anyonomys people could ever make connections to people off this site.

9. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I couldnt agree more. If in fact his statements are true I wouldnt hesitate at all to turn him in. I would undoubetly confront him as well. With the limit being four and him taking way over his limit he is hurting others who fish that pond. I have seen alot of handicapped people who fish these urban lakes because its close to home and has ADA access which makes it easier for them to fish. I for one have supported the urban program since its inception here and love the idea of AZGFD stocking the lake.