Too Late???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dreamer34, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    As some of you know i lost my father recently and this has been weighing on my mind so here it goes:
    when was the last time you called up someone you love just to let them know how you feel?With my dad i always put if off because i had that mindset of "there's always tomorrow"but guess what?Now there will be no more tomorrows for me to put it off...i sat in the hospital and all i could think of was that our last conversation we ended up fussing....i know that my father loved me and he knew that i loved him but the reality of it is that you never know when it's your time...try at least once a day to let someone you love know how you really feel about them because i can tell you from firsthand experience that regrets suck... i now make it a point to let my family now each day that i'm thinking of them but it's still a shame that it took the loss of my father to open my eyes...maybe this can open up yours

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Grandfather a few years ago and it was a terrible time for me. I think of him often and wished we could of had more time. So many things I would've like to have said. I would liked to have went fishing with him just one more time and told him thanks for always being there for me.:sad2:

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Chris, I am sorry for your loss.:sad2:
    I totally agree with you! every day goes by I wish I had another chance to say that to my parents or grandparents.