Too hot to fish

Discussion in 'MARYLAND LAKES TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Jul 30, 2006.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ok guys its just getting to hot to fish. With water temps in the 90s and the air temp for the next week showed to be around 100 + for the next week. RAIN RAIN RAIN where is the RAIN we will have cooked fish floating soon.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It just about like that out here. The water isnt quite that warm, but the air sure is. We've had some rain, but the water level keeps changing and the fish won't bite.

3. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    yeah i'll be out there this week getting cooked trying to find where the heck these fish are in atleast 2 different lakes... Only place i can figure the fish would be is just at the thermocline or just under it looking for cool water, oxygen, and bait.... :-( So far nothing coming up at Centenial and i haven't gotten the chance to get to Rocky Gorge at all... I'm looking forward to getting out and fishing the 12th-13th at Ft. Washington cause i don't get too big a chance to get out on the potomac at night usually...

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    We are under a excessive heat warning here today with the temp. around 105. Makes it kind of hard to get motivated to get out of the A/C. They say we may have a cold front coming in around Thursday and the highs will only be around 95 LOL. Be safe out there everyone......

5. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Night time is the way to go with this heat.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Too hot to fish ,to dry to mow grass so I guess I'll just have to sit at the computor and visit with my BOC family.

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    ya they say 110 for the next 3 days and only 95 on thurday. as for night time wellis was 88 at the ramp at 2am saturday nite when we came off the water. i have find some eater but them big boys are get not hitting.

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man here it is hot but we are supposed to get theat cold front better i guess cuz high is down to 83 on thursday.
    thats 20 below today

9. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 100° temps are supposed to be moving towards the east coast in a few days. Not to wish anything like that on our EC brothers, but I'll sure be glad to be rid of the high temps..:lol:

10. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I want a cold front back and sidewas it is hott.

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Had some nitecrawlers left over from a early morning trip yesterday.. Hit a river close by from about 10am till 3pm.. Caught 1 flathead, about 4lbs and a BUTTLOAD of carp heh.. Had a couple break 10lbs... Was surprised how active the carp were, especially with crawlers on a kahle..
    Twas HOT!!, I found a nice shaded area and wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. Though when the breeze stopped, I was looking where the sauna rocks where and who the fool was that was pouring water on em :lol: . I imagine being a guide this heat really puts a hurt'n ya..

12. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sposed to be hotter today than it was yesterday. I realy want to go fishing but it would just be uncomfortable as h*ll. It almost makes me want to move up north. And we need some rain so keep prayin for it.