Too Early?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Apr 30, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Last Monday I had my Penn bait caster outmy son asked me a Question so I layed it down, when I looked back my grandson was holding it and looked at his mama and said "fishin PaPa " do you think I should wait awhile or take him fishin soon LOL [He will be two next month]

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Take him to a good bream pond for a short trip he will love it.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think It's time to go Fishin Pa pa :wink:

4. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    put him on some sunfish he will have a blast

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    put some bluegills in the pond and hook him on those.. then when hes old enough teach them that bluegills are BAIT and he will be a fisherman for life haha

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hes never too young to start fishing when I was about that age my dad took me fishing alot, if i was you I agree with Jerry I would take him to a pond where you know there is alot of fish that bite, and let him catch some sounds like your going to have your self a fishing buddy before to long.

7. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    my advice is take him fishing but don't make him fish. like others have said get him on some bluegill . i'd get him cork fishing.let him fish til he's ready to quit.the other thing i suggest is that you get him a decent rod and reel that fits him. a lot of folks start there kids out with snoopy poles and the poor kid rarely catches anything. a decent 4'-6" medium with a slow action and a decent reel will do. i started my girl at 2 yr's on a tail water trout stream useing a small carolina rig and powerbait tipped with wax worms. she is 8 now and i'd put my money on her against anybody i know trout fishing with bait. she's still not a stayer but she can put together a limit of trout most days by her self. this is just my .02 cents

8. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Take him fishing.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    take him fishing and if he does not want to fish just entertain he for a while then take him back home.:smile2:

10. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Oh me take that child! Even if they don't bite for ya'll and he gets bored with it, time spent there is quality time and how much of that do we actually get with our kids...I know that one is young, but man these years fly by!

I think the first time he gets a little fish on that pole he'll be so tickled he'll be beggin papaw to go again...

PRICELESS!!!

11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I don`t think you have much of a choice Richard that boy is ready to fish.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I agree if I can just convince my wife and daughter then we will be gone fishin

13. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    My kids always wanted go fishing when my youngest was only about 2 and at first we wouldnt go because we were afraid she might fall in.She still loves to go fishing.

We found a solution to that I bought a child harness like you see people with in the mall and other crowded areas.I would tie it off to a tree or stump ,then would give her just enough room to fish and move around but not fall in.

Something like that might win over Mommy and Mamaw :roll_eyes:

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Take the boy fishin pawpa.
    smokey

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    take that kid fishing or the next time u turn around he will be half way to the lake!!!!