Too early for bass fishing in Ohio??

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by cincycatman, Mar 15, 2007.

1. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been couped up in the house all winter and not gotten my pole wet in months plus I got a brand new fishing kayak I'm dying to try out... Is it too early with the water temp to go bass fishin in Southern OH or would it be worth a shot?? if it is maybe I'll just go out and do some paddling...

2. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If the ice is gone, it's warm enough for bass fishing. It does change what you might use to catch them and how far they will swim to feed.

Down here in Missouri I've been fishing for them for about a month, The smallmouth fishing is really picking up right now.

3. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    My son took a bunch of nice smallies in the Little Miami River last weekend with a freind, using 2 3/4 inch green punkinseed tubes. Biggest was 16 inches that trip.

Dennis

4. cincycatman

cincycatman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Little Miami!!! alright, I fish the East fork of it and the lake all the time, well that settles it, I know if they're hitting in the river it's warm enough and the lake will be warmer than the river. I'll be headed out this weekend.. That's a good sized smallie too for the Little Miami!!!