Too dang hot

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mr.T, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    My wife and kids went on vacation this week and I was planning to work half-days and fish every evening.

But now it's supposed to be near 100 every day this week. So guess the fishing will have to wait, as I'm not going out there when it's that hot. Heck, it was still 93 degrees at 10:30 last night. That's just plain silly.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Heat index here has been between 103 and 109 every day for the last week.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It's not at all pleasent out here. I had to move a new matress today, and even that was about all I could handle.

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I hear ya Marty. I wanted to go out Sunday eve, but just couldn't drag myself out of the ac. Maybe it wouldn't be bad under a bridge somewhere, like maybe in Minnesota, lol.

5. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It was 107 here yeasterday and i have to move my whole house :( i hate the heat

6. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Yeah it's pretty hot here in Texas. Temp won't get under 85 degrees at night. Fall where are you? What am I saying in Texas it's still hot in Late October/early November.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    106 degrees in Independence,Mo yesterday! And the weathermen are saying we haven't seen 100 yet! Saturday night on Lake Jacomo wasn't bad, got down into the 70's. Three Channel Cats 8-9lbs. Probably won't be going back out for a while.

8. Mocathunter

Mocathunter New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    It is a hot son-of-a-gun; but this is time to chase the bigguns. Lots of people stay home, so you can jump from hole to hole without to much competition. But I do agree that it is hard to keep your whisker fever up, when it's this hot.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    If you've got aboat(which I don't) and you get out on the water late evening it shouldn't be too bad. Usually a breeze of some sort on the water. If fishing on the bank thats another story. Certainly have to find a shade tree or get under a bridge. Main thing is be sure to drink lots of water(not achohol) Sodas not good to sweet,just good ol water. Just be careful out there.

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    it's to hot to fish, in the day-time,thats not right. hope it cools down soon.

11. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I like the heat and the humidity. I would love to be out on the water at midday. A good spf sunblocker and a case of cold dranks and I a happy as a hog in mud.
    I hate the cold. I wish it would stay hot all year.:big_smile:

12. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Man you guys almost have me wanting to skip fishin this week:confused2: ...LOL...will be out there every night I can till this BOC Catfishing Tournament is over though. If the bite picks up I will let ya know...maybe then you guys will give up that A/C.:tounge_out: ..LOL.

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Man the fishing is great when it's this hot. You can just scoop them out of the boiling water.:lol: I fished this past weekend, water surface temps were 89 degrees.:eek:oooh: Not heathy for the fish at all.

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hot here too. Its been 95 for a week seems like. At least the humidity isnt bad, around 30-40%. Its not too bad at night around 70-75, cool enough for fishing at night.

15. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    spent all day sunday on truman drifting ,caught around 20 blues most of them where 1 to 5 lbs ,caught 3 that where between 15 and 20 lbs. It wasnt bad alittle breeze and around 15 bottles of water made it not a bad day,will be there next weekend ,but will be hitting the flathead hard this time.

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I hear you guys. I was complaining about the heat this afternoon to my fiancee. She replies "you really need a pedicure - look at those feet! I'm not marrying a guy with ugly feet!". BTW - we are getting married this Saturday. She happens to work at a salon, so we went there and she gave me a pedicure and manicure took me out to lunch, and handed me a beer when we got home and told me to relax on the couch. Yep - I think I'll keep her............

Attached Files:

17. Supafox

Supafox New Member

State:
    Hannibal MO
    I went Saturday night for awhile.Got out about 7 and sweated till way after dark.The river was flat and still no nothing going on.Got two little nibbles and that was it.When I first got out there and it was baking hot I thought "boy something must be wrong with me."I work 10 hrs a day 5 days a week and 5 hrs on Saturday in a hot factory so I figure a little fishing in the heat aint gonna kill me.You gotta love it.:smile2:

18. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was supposed to meet up with Skunkrvrpolcat at 4:30 this afternoon, and head down to Truman. The Wolfman was invited up to join us. Skunkrvr called me this morning and told me had been sent to Des Moines for the rest of the week. Wolfman sent me a PM saying he couldn't make it. So I'm at home in the air conditioning having a cold drink and e-fishing with you! Am I lucky or what!? It was 102 here at 4:30.

19. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know...
    Friday night I got to the dam at 6 pm and didn't leave until noon on Saturday. I put on my long sleeved shirt at 9 pm, but mostly to keep the bugs off my arms, but didn't take it off until 8 am. I finally started sweating at about 9:30. Catfish bite was great all night and the hybrids were hitting really good in the morning.

What kills me is running in the mornings for work.

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I'm looking at the temp here right now and it says 108 degrees and heat temp index of 114. DANG HOT HERE !!!!